Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

who is singing that?

Thread: who is singing that?

wildman

who is singing that?

Need some help. During the Olympics, CBC had a song tribute to the women's hockey team. The song seemed to be called "I'm Free", but I can't find it anywhere on the net. so it must be called something else and it must not be a terribly popular artist.

Anyone know the answer to this one?

DC_Guy

Re: who is singing that?

While we're at it... I need a little help too...

I'm looking for this Canadian song that you hear from time to time -- I'm guessing its by a Québécois artists (something tells me I've heard it at a large gathering like a political thing, but also at something like a new year's celebration)...

The only thing I know from it is that the chorus goes something like "lah-la, la-la-la"...

Its not much, but if you can help me... slightly altering the words of Kylie Minogue "I can't get it out of my head..." [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

DC_GUY

I think the song you are looking for is Life is Life by Opus. It used to be a classic after goal song at Oshawa General's games when I used to go watch Mr. Lindros as a junior.

Wildman -- can you describe the type of music you heard? I watched that game and can't remember. I thought they might have played My Sacrifice by Creed which includes those words

snoman

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

I think the song you are looking for is Life is Life by Opus. It used to be a classic after goal song at Oshawa General's games when I used to go watch Mr. Lindros as a junior.

<hr></blockquote>

I have that song on a 45 rpm record.
    I'm sure some of you here are old enough to remember vinyl.
    [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I remember, kids, when I had to get off the Laz-e-boy to turn this little dial thing when you wanted to change the channel..

You're not serious are you? Was that part of the now defunct Participaction activities? Changing the channel on
    the TV? Never heard of such a thing [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

snoman

Ahh yes I remember doing that too.
    Living in Montreal then we had 4 count 'em 4 channels to choose from, 2 french and 2 english.
    Then we got one of them new tv sets with a UHF dial on it and discovered ABC from Burlington Vermont on 22.
    Wow what a treat it was to get US tv with rabbit ears.

I miss the days of using rolls of tin-foil to improve signal reception as well as not allowing anyone to move!

wildman

I don't know the answer to Name that Tune for anyone else, so sorry about that.

In regards, to my question. It can't be Creed, I don't believe, because a woman was singing it.

thanks anyway for the help