Thread: Videotron in Ottawa?

**DONOTDELETE**

Videotron in Ottawa?

I've notice Videotron in downtown Ottawa for last couple of days.There trucks where working on something under the street,not sure what they where doing. Since when has Videotron been avaible in Ottawa,I haven't heard of them offering cable service here.

PEACE UP TOM [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

digitalcable

Re: Videotron in Ottawa?

Rogers and Videotron have Fibre optic links between the 2 companies, maybe they were setting up something to do with that link.

**DONOTDELETE**

maybe for HSI via Cable...
    for the Gat/Hull

**DONOTDELETE**

OcTranspo...
    Btw I heard they would have a major Facelift of thee Oc-t Services? and what do you think about the O-Train?
    Thanks

**DONOTDELETE**

Well what do I think of OC Transpo services & O-Train?

Well on the O-Train I think its great although I think they should extend it into Gatineau (formerly HULL), but the City of Gatineau,NCC,& Quebec Provincial government should put money towards it if it is extend there.As well they should extend to Metcalfe as well as they are now part of Ottawa,and it would be cheaper to extend the O-train,then introduce bus service to Metcalfe.The tracks run near High 31 and they could easily put a Park & Ride Lot there.

As for the east<--->west link,the only draw back there is VIA RAIL has 8 trains that use that track(its a single track). 4 Trains to Toronto/4 Trains From Toronto to Ottawa.Under The Railway Regulations Via Rail has priority of Commuter trains & Freight Trains.Now if for some reason one of those Via train is delay for ie-10 or 15 Minutes either going or coming that would effct the O-Train schedule as only one train is allowed on the track going one way and has to be certain distance from each other.Also if lets say they build a O-train/Min-Via Rail Station at the present Fallowfield Transitway/Park & Ride LOT,first they would either have two or three sets of tracks at the station,second the O-Train would have to wait there until that delayed Via Train passed.So basically you would need to either have a two/three tracks from Fallowfield to Orleans/Cumberland area for it to work properly.

And Yes OC has started a face lift with a "New Maple Leaf" Paint scheme which they started about 2 years ago.Also the decide to go to a "ALL LOW FLOOR BUS FLEET" hence the purchases of the Low Floor buses the have been receiving:
    The Novabus LFS- 40 foot
    The Orion 6 LF-40 foot
    The New Flyer Artic(D60lf)-60 foot(Oc will have total of 125 of these "60 FOOT BABIES" by the end of 2002)these are to replace the present 60 Foot High Floor Buses we have now the Orion-Ikrauses(Orion 3's). These buses are the WORST BUNCH OF CRAP EVER PRODUCED ON THE PLANET!!! BOTH OC TRANSPO(Ottawa) & TTC(Toronto) got SUCKERED IN TO BUYING THESE CRAPOLA!!
    All present and future Bus Perchases will be of the LOW FLOOR DESIGN and AIR CONDITIONED!!
    There may also may be a chance that OC will be getting either the New Flyer Low Floor 40 Foot version(DIABO), as well as the Orion 7 from Ontario Bus Industries.

BTW Orion Bus Industries is based and made in MISSASAGAU Ontario and New Flyer Industries is based out of Winnepeg Manitoba.BOTH ARE CANADAIN MADE.

I hope this helps you out 4DTV.When it comes to computers I may know "DIDLLY",but when it comes to buses or bus talk JUST WATCH OUT!!Thats why I got 2 web sites.One decated on BUS Related web sites where you find bus related sites located at http://interactive.rogers.com/MCIBUS/MCIBUSBUSLINKPAGE
    and the other is decaded to OC TRANSPO,though not associated with OC TRANSPO it decated main to OC Transpo happenings and such thing as that.The site is located at: http://clubs.yahoo.clubs.com/clubs/octranspobusfanclub
    Although Yahoo has slowly been transfering all the clubs into groups,my won't get done not for a little while.

anyone is free to going my OC TRANSPO club go right a head.

**DONOTDELETE**

I'm not sure about this subject here!...
    I think Oc are doing fine...
    But Thrust me They should Re-think the Elmvale mall bus station I like the Idea of a Train that goes in the middle of nowhere.. ;o) a West/East would benifit to us all specialy to "kill" the Downtown bottle neck at rush hours
    those who live here in Ottawa and have to take the bus for work knows...

Cheers! you guy are doing a Good Job! [img]/forums/images/icons/blush.gif[/img])

**DONOTDELETE**

Well thats true about downtown bus traffic,its pretty bad on Albert & Slater Streets in the morning & afternoon rush hour.I agrre with 4DTV the Elmvale Bus Terminal is the pits it should be alt better than it is.As for the O-Train well I know its packed during rush hour,I know alot of people now take that instead of long bus ride,especial if you can park for free(not having to pay about $200/month for downtown parking!!)at the Greenbourgh Park & Ride Lot,hope the O-Train be at Bayview Station in 15 mins,hope any bus at the top of Bayview Station,considering a bus is come every 2 mins or so and then another 10 minutes to downtown,I'd say not bad for 1/2 ride to downtown.Try that with your car and see if you make it in 1/2 hour.

There's a simple solution to an east-west rail link: add electric light rail tracks and infrastructure on the transitway! The volume is certainly there to support it.

As a first phase, rail could run from Lincoln Fields to Hurdman, with a tunnel under Albert Street downtown!

Noel

**DONOTDELETE**

Well Noelk

thats sounds great although I would run over lines,then eletric tracks,as they do in Calgary.Though the transitway would have to closed until completion. Another posibleablity would build a "Skytrain system" like BC Transit is running Vancouver,and no drivrs to boot!!Fully atomatied system.have running down the queensway from Carelton Pace down 417/(Kanta)Queensway/417/17 split/Reginal Road 174(old highway 17)/to Rockland.Grant you both schemes will cost mega millions to employ if built,but something must be done to alvate traffic grid lock and PUBLIC TRANSIT IS THE WAY TO GOAs for the O-Train I still see as the probal choice city council will go with though at link to downtown/downtown would be hard as the they use a Desiel Powered Engine and are somewhat simular to the same system Via rail uses.

The only two possible links to downtown would loop by -BAYVIEW(present terminus of south end of O-Train)by the Ottawa River Come up Bank & Wellington(but down by river) or loop by BAYVIEW come up by Transitway and either termante at Lebreton Station or come up to Bronson/Albert/Slater Sreets and terminate there(not a major relinement of three streets mention)If was to contuine on it would have to be ina tunnel as the tracks used can't be used on the road as cross traffic would be "dangrously" effected by cross roads.

If LRT came to the Beer City (Milwaukee) here's what the lines would Probably Be:
    Zoo-Downtown (Possible extension to Waukesha or Memoninee Falls) (Serving Miller Park)
    Downtown-Airport (Possible Racine Extension)