Thread: Connecting 2 Receivers To 1 Dish

**DONOTDELETE**

Connecting 2 Receivers To 1 Dish

I wish to connect a second receiver to my dish. I have 2 outlets on my lnb. Do I just connect the other receiver to the lnb or do I need a special switch? I know with C-band a switch is needed to prevent both receivers from send power to the lnb. Your co-operation would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Connecting 2 Receivers To 1 Dish

With a dual LNB all you need is to connect the second receiver. Nothing to it.
    For 3 or 4 receivers you will need a multiswitch.

Cansat1

Can you connect two receivers with a single LNB if you dont have a dual??? If so what would one need to buy?

A dual LNBF.

Are you talking about BEV or SC? If SC is yours a stacked or non stacked LNBF?

If it is SC, I would suggest that you sell your SC and get 2 Expressvu receivers. As new customer, it will be cheaper than SC + no $5/month fee + real HD available when you want to upgrade.

Well Norm...you have made quite a few [assumption's] in giving that reply . So I guess I can do the same . With SC he could buy a Stacked LNB and run 3 receiver's off of it or 16 . You can't do that with Bell without spendng more money .

ANY receiver quit's .....covered by SC whereas you buy or pay with Bell if out of warranty .

Please define real HD content ?

I think most SC dealer's can upgrade him for 225-250 . Please explain how it is cheaper with Bell . I see it like this : 2 receiver's from Bell = 350+taxes plus install[200]...[just add a splitter with Stacked using SC...no dish installlation or aiming or running outside cables ] then you get 75 free programming from bev but from what I read you must take the same package again next month plus keep it at the minimum after that which is 3 ? bucks more a month than SC .

LOL...we could go on forever if we are only assuming thing's ! So...your suggestion I guess is only that...and it will vary from customer to customer . Do your homework people and assess YOUR OWN situation before believing everything posted here is the correct answer for YOUR situation .

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Please define real HD content ?

<hr></blockquote>

HD lacrosse &amp; figure skating! (Oh, &amp; 24hrs/day PPV Shrek!)

Re: define real HD content

DD 2.0 vs 5:1, cutting to show when it starts, not 10 or 15 minutes later; showing what is posted on IPG &amp; website for daily listing; finding out that yes there are HD sports sometimes on CBS. IF Rogers &amp; BEV show some HDNet, I find it conceivable that SC could too.

How about acknowledging the reception of HD customer complaints &amp; enquires? - ya like in communication.

How about telling customers where to take/send older HDD201's for upgrade?

My wrist is getting sore -

"If it is SC, I would suggest that you sell your SC and get 2 Expressvu receivers. As new customer, it will be cheaper than SC + no $5/month fee + real HD available when you want to upgrade. "

That wasn't what he asked, however.

Todd