Thread: Help , No signal on new ARRIS reciever

Help , No signal on new ARRIS reciever

HI , I have been running an older Motorola receiver on my Shaw elliptical dish . I have a newer Arris receiver I want to use on this system to upgrade to HDTV . When I connect the Arris receiver it says there is no signal . Status says it needs a refresh, but when I preform a refresh it does not correct this . (my other receivers are responding normally). I have tried two different arris receivers at this location but neither can recognize a signal. Re-connecting the old Motorolla box and it works fine ( although it is not HD) So to be clear Arris boxes worked fine last week at my other residence. Motorolla receiver worked fine here, Removing Motorolla receiver and connecting Arris results in a no signal /refresh needed. ??? Refreshing does not correct .

Any Ideas on what is happening or what I am doing wrong .
    P.S. I am connecting to the same two input coaxial cables coming in from the dish, I have inspected the connections and even switched them (A to B and B to A )
    The only difference in the hookups is the old motorolla was connected to the TV via coax and the new Arris uses HDMI.
    Any help would be appreciated . Thanks in Advance .

You indicated the receiver worked at another location. Does it have the same size dish and same type of LNB.
    Live simply so others can simply live.

Quote Originally Posted by LOSat View Post
    You indicated the receiver worked at another location. Does it have the same size dish and same type of LNB.
    I can not answer your question with any confidence. The dishes LOOK the same, (elliptical shaw direct dish) but they were purchased and installed by different installers at two different locations. Is there a chance that the newer Arris box would need a different dish/LNB than the older Motorolla and how can I determine that ?
    Thanks so much for your help . Terry