Thread: Shaw Direct triple satellite LNBF

Shaw Direct triple satellite LNBF

HI,
    Could somebody tells me what is the technical difference between the Shaw Direct Dual satellite and the new Triple satellite.
    I use a First Strike meter to ajust antennas and I ca'nt read anything from the triple satellite model.
    Is it becauseof transponders frequency used, type of modulation or Local Oscilator frequency???
    Thank you very much,
    malom

HI,
    I found what the problem was on another forum.
    They changed the Local Oscillator frequency of that Triple Satellite Lnb from 10,750 to 10,070 Ghz.
    After adjusting parameters my First Strike meter works now properly.
    Thank you,
    malom

Have you ever tried to use that meter on a Bell TV Stacked system.?

No, never tried that.

I had my LNBF upgraded yesterday to receive the 3rd satellite. The only issue is that I found out that only my 630 can receive the new 500 & 600 channels - my old 530 cannot.
    Star Choice/Bell ExpressVu/Telus
    Kuro ... seeing like never before!

Bob

Trade in that 530 with SD and they will probably sell you a new 630 for only 99 bucks.
    ~Gary

Quote Originally Posted by HiDefBob View Post
    I had my LNBF upgraded yesterday to receive the 3rd satellite. The only issue is that I found out that only my 630 can receive the new 500 & 600 channels - my old 530 cannot.
    Just a quick question since you just upgraded your LNB. Did you have to adjust your dish at all, or is just calling to let SD know is all you needed to do? Thanks.
    ShawDirect (Starchoice) subscriber since 2004

Quote Originally Posted by HiDefBob View Post
    Just a quick question since you just upgraded your LNB. Did you have to adjust your dish at all, or is just calling to let SD know is all you needed to do? Thanks.
    ShawDirect (Starchoice) subscriber since 2004