Thread: Trouble getting Nimiq 82

Trouble getting Nimiq 82

I know this has been covered before, but I have tried evering thing and still can't get any signal on Nimiq 82 on my Bell receiver. Here is what I have done:

Alligned dish, I have a signal strength of 100% on Nimiq 91
    Checked other Bell HD dishes in our neighborhood and ours is pointed in the same direction (varified with a compass), same elevation and scew.
    Changed the 82 LNB for a known working one.
    Changed the SW21
    Raised the dish an additional 4' incase a tree was interfering with 82.

As I stated I have 100% signal strenght on 91 and 0% on 82, what else could I check.

Quote Originally Posted by MR1950 View Post
    Checked other Bell HD dishes in our neighborhood and ours is pointed in the same direction (varified with a compass), same elevation and scew.
    Very hard to say "exactly the same" with just a compass. The satellite is 36,000 km(+) away. 1/32" is a few hundred miles by the time you reach the satellite.

When the dish had 100% on 91, did you run a check switch? Perhaps the receiver just does not know where to "find" 82?

You say raised the dish to avoid tree. Are you sure you are clear of the tree?

Would probably help to know what part of the country you are in, to know if 82 is higher or lower than 91.
    *****All ideas in this communication are sole property of the voices in my head. © 2014, "The Voices" ™. All rights reserved.*****

I also am not receiving a signal on my 82 sat but have very strong signal on my 91. I live in Windsor Ontario which is across the river from Detroit Mi. I have recently moved the dish to another part of my yard and lost my signal to 82. my check switch shows a green OK for both 91 and 82 on both input 1 and 2. Switch is a DPP 44 w/Sep.

What are the chances both of you are getting 91 on the 82 LNBF.?

Go to MENU, 6, 1, 1, get a signal on screen, 91, then put your hand over the face of the 82 LNBF, if you loose signal, you are getting 91 on the 82 LNBF.

To rectify, remove cables, switch's (pknuk, you will have to cover the 82 side of your DPP LNBF with Foil), then peak signals on 91. If the skew is correct, when you connect the SW21 (or remove foil), you should get both birds.

@pknuk, is it possible you are using an SD Receiver? As they do not show all TP's, just 2 of them I believe.

my receiver is a HD 9241. I did cover the 82 LNB and my signal is is still coming in on 91LNB. I did a check switch and am getting OK on both even with the 82 covered. Not sure what else to do?

What if you eliminate the switch?

Running directly from a DPP LNBF via a separator should also work fine, at least that way you can see if the switch is causing an issue.