Thread: Not Working: Shaw Direct Free HD Preview until Aug 31

Question Not Working: Shaw Direct Free HD Preview until Aug 31

My Shaw Direct PVR630 using the Advanced channel numbering scheme is unable to view the following channels on free preview. I lifted this list from the Shaw website.

Why am I unable to receive these free previews?

Disney XD HD

Watch a free preview until August 31, 2013.

Channels 70/570 (Classic/Advanced)
    Expires August 31,2013

Eq HD

Channels 133/633 (Classic/Advanced)
    Expires August 31,2013

HiFI HD

Channels 132/632 (Classic/Advanced)
    Expires August 31,2013

radX HD

Channels 134/634 (Classic/Advanced)
    Expires August 31,2013

BC1 HD

Channels 1/501 (Classic/Advanced)
    Expires August 31,2013

Do you have the new xKU LNB that is required to pull in these stations? These are all located on the new G1 satellite that went operational at the end of May.
    ~Gary

Also where do you live you have to be able to get G1.

I forget the channels and I can't change channels now b'cuz we're watching the Dr Who live special but there's a channel where you can check whether you've got the right lnb for the new satellite.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by GaryE View Post
    Do you have the new xKU LNB that is required to pull in these stations? These are all located on the new G1 satellite that went operational at the end of May.
    Ah, that well might be it... I have pretty good line-of-sight to the Clarke Belt.
    Is/Was there a SD program to replace older LNBs?

Yes, there is an upgrade program going on. Not sure of the current prices. I think it's $50 for the new LNB and installation and then SD will credit that $50 back in the form of PPV credits...

http://shawdirect.ca/promotions/english/upgrade/
    ~Gary

Hi Ross it sounds like like your sure but just to check I found the chan. #s they're 987 and 988 so try those and see what they say.

The channel name of 988 is "UPGLNB". The info page title read, "Dish Upgrade Needed for 3rd Satellite Access"

Our neighbor needed some exterior work done on his house necessitating the moving of his SD dish. The SD tech gave him a new dish LNB that doesn't look like my dish. It must the new G1 capable LNB

I don't miss the new channels so I'll stand pat with what I have since the signal levels since the last SD tech adjustment are much better since the dish was first installed. I guess some techs fine tune just enough to get a good signal, but not necessarily the optimum signal.

Hi Ross okay youll be fine for now except I think they already changed some channels to Mpeg4 and if they change more I don't think you'll be able to get them with the old lnb. But if you're happy with the channels you have then you're fine.