Thread: Shaw Direct Liar Program now in Effect

Angry Shaw Direct Liar Program now in Effect

Well, i have been in a battle with SD for about two weeks now and I guess part of the problem is the HAFH program. They are hassling me to set-up a 2nd account notwithstanding that I did this years ago and they either lost or destroyed the record.

On June 1, 2013, I was promised to be sent a dish. SD now states it wasn't a "promise" but an "offer". Apparently, even though Louie from Customer Relations authorized the dish, the hardware (shipping?) department was able to override this and decided not to send me the dish. I should add that they did not bother to contact me about this, possibly assuming that I might have forgotten that I was to receive a dish?

Funny thing is that I was direct messaging them the other day on Twitter to follow-up and they even confirmed in writing that the dish had been sent. Stupid me though because I didn't realize and SD only told me afterwards that "sent" means it was sent to the hardware department (who decided I wasn't entitled to a dish and also decided that there was no reason to inform me). I should also have known that the decision wasn't final and that the hardware (shipping) department could override customer relations.

When they told me it was sent, I though it was sent to me. Man, am I ever dumb!

Yikes, they also gave me sh*t for contacting them in different ways. Turns out if you start by e-mail, you must continue this way, the same for Twitter and the call centre. If you don't there is miscommunication because "they are all in different parts of the organization".

Well I hope with my next bill that they send me an organizational chart. This way I can make their life easier by having a better understanding of the internal workings of their organization.

The funniest thing yet is that they put the following in the signature portion of their e-mails:

ACCOUNTABLE BALANCE CUSTOMER FOCUSED INTEGRITY LOYALTY POSITIVE, CAN DO ATTITUDE TEAM PLAYER

First of all Starchoice your not dumb or stupid(its SD that dumb & stupid).

Second of all when someone says we sent or sending you the dish, to me that would mean(you in this case) would be getting the dish from, SD.

Third of all SD shouldn't asume that "you" already knew that you wouldn't be getting the dish, thats just stupid to asume you knew(like you could read their minds).

Fourth of all to have them(SD) give you hasels over you trying to reach them in more then one way is simplely irsponseable of them to say such a thing. If they dodn't want consumers(their subs) to reach them in more then one fashion, then they shouldn't have a Twitter account,e-mail or call cenmter, they should only have one.

Starchoice you where only trying to find out info thats was relayed to you by a CSR, and if that CSR or another SD department got things screwed up thats no fault of yours but SD and its up to SD to make the product(in this case a dish) be given to you.

Welcome To OC TRANSPO
    <b>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_Zr5s8Nmew
    Watch The OC Video

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by starchoice View Post
    Well, i have been in a battle with SD for about two weeks now and I guess part of the problem is the HAFH program.
    Yikes, they also gave me sh*t for contacting them in different ways. Turns out if you start by e-mail, you must continue this way, the same for Twitter and the call centre.
    What is the HAFA program?

I thought that Shaw Direct had a single master file for each customer, not a multitude of unlinked files customer files based on means of communication.

If I, as a non- computer geek, can take the contents of a email and file it as text in a separate file so should the customer interface staff at Shaw Direct. Seems strange to me.

I agree with Tom, if I was told by a company that equipment was sent, I would naturally that the recipient would be me.