Thread: SD630 with dual-stacked - any issues?

Question SD630 with dual-stacked - any issues?

Might be getting the folks a 630 DVR. They still have the same dual-stacked/multi-switch LNB set-up originally installed 10 years ago. Any known issues with this combination? Thanks.

Don't know about you, but unless it is too complicated, I would seize the opportunity to upgrade to an elliptical satellite dish with a Quad LNBF... ie no switches...

There should be no issues, for all Shaw/Motorla receivers made since 2000 are designed to work with stacked dishes and tone switched dual look dishes.
    Your TiVo expert. TiVo user since 2004.

I would take info i got today in consideration.

New MPEG-4 Channels:

On August 22nd, 2011 we are adding 13 brand new channels to our programming line-up - in MPEG-4 encoding.

Customers require a 6XX series receiver, xKu or Quad LNBF and a e-dish in order to view MPEG-4 channels. All our other receivers are not MPEG-4 compatible.
    [url]www.theelectricguy.ca[/url]

Right now, you only need an MPEG4 capable receiver for those new channels.

The new satellite will not be in service until fall 2012, so there is no immediate benefit to a G1 capable Dish/LNBF.
    Your TiVo expert. TiVo user since 2004.

Just to follow up my own post. Everything got set up fine - once we got an activation tech who knew what a "dual-stacked LNB" was (it was a Sat. night at 10PM so I cut them some slack). The HDMI connection with their 2 year old Sharp LCD started acting flaky after the FW download, so they're on component for now. Dish & 10 year old multi-switch still appear to be in good shape!

Quote Originally Posted by RUU View Post
    Just to follow up my own post. Everything got set up fine - once we got an activation tech who knew what a "dual-stacked LNB" was (it was a Sat. night at 10PM so I cut them some slack). The HDMI connection with their 2 year old Sharp LCD started acting flaky after the FW download, so they're on component for now. Dish & 10 year old multi-switch still appear to be in good shape!
    so... how many coax connections are on your LNB - two or four? I have a Quad LNB and don't seem to get the new channels (such as CKCO Kitchener) with my DSR505's or my DSR605, however, I do receive CKCO, Ch. 369 with my DSR630.
    Is that likely a CSR mapping error?

Hi tvmaster,

Yes - it's probably a channel map error. The new locals launched in August are all in MPEG-4, which is only supported by the HDDSR 600, HDDSR 605, or HDPVR 630. There is a different channel map used to populate these channels in the Guide on the 6XX. So your 505 is probably on the correct map, whereas the 605 needs the change.

Hope this helps!