Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NDP Minority Government

My reciever wont tune to that channel, I guess its a good thing that Shaw made peoples recievers not tune to the channel much like it wont tune to Bite and CBC Regina.

If the NDP have a minority government will the two former NDP premier jump back to the NDP? WHy are they running as Liberals and not NDP? they say Kamloops could go back to NDP, Nelson Reis use to represent Kamloops when Mulroney was PM. I'm suprised Mulroney didnt put up bill boards saying Miss me yet? since Harper has been PM.

Quote Originally Posted by starchoice View Post
    It's a new channel recenly launched.
    It's not new - it's just simply CKXT channel 52 in Toronto being rebranded for the umpteenth time. It's available on rabbit ears in a few cities in Ontario.

It's a must-carry basic channel for many cable subscribers - Rogers Cable 15 in Toronto.

Well isn't this interesting?

A NDP Minority Government?

A possible Consecrative majority?

A NDP as the official opposition?(Don't laugh!!) The Bloc was the official opposition at one time)

I'm not sure of the out come of Mondays vote will be.

My wife who use too at one time work for the Liberal Party(was a personal aid to one of the Ministers)was asked to canvas for our Liberal MP in our riding, she declined(with a little help from me DAM WEASEL LIBERALS!!).

Anyways with years of having gone to parliamentary parties(all parties as in government), its all the same. Yap Yap Yap this and that I promise you this, I promise you that.

NDP can't afford their promises with out raising taxes, same with Liberals. And don't be fooled with the Conservatives tax cuts because the promises they've made have to be paid some way. The deal for the new fighters is a joke, even experts in that field stated the cost the Conservatives quoted is BS its going to cost Billions more then there saying. Don't get me wrong its good that our military is getting upgrade, but tell the true cost to "hide it".

The Conservative tax cuts are going to result in cuts to services and programs, and if you think health care won't be cut, you got another thing coming.

He's willing to give tax cuts to cooperations and oil companies.

OK its one thing to give tax cuts to companies that employee people in certain fields, but give tax cuts to oil companies that are presently raking in billions in profits, is told BS.

Who will be the government? and who will be the official opposition? I'm guessing the Conservatives will form a Majority this time around and despite what the polls say I say the Liberals will form the 'Official' opposition.

Me personally will be voting Green.

Meeting all the leaders(excluding Green Party Leader)at one time or another I can tell you this

Conservatives-I don't like the Conseratives, but like Steven Happer,I just don't like his parties policies(some), as an individuals he's really a nice person.

Liberals-DO NOT LIKE THE PARTY OR Iggy. I don't trust the man, he's to SNEAKY and I don't trust his eyes, he's got beatty little eyes.

NDP- Don't like the party, as for Jack don't know him that well, but he's always I don't trust a man who smiles all the time.

Bloc- TRAITOR enough said.

Green- My party like their policies on transit(yeah yeah, I know thats being biases, but what can I say)
    Welcome To OC TRANSPO
    <b>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_Zr5s8Nmew
    Watch The OC Video

Quote Originally Posted by nfitz View Post
    It's not new - it's just simply CKXT channel 52 in Toronto being rebranded for the umpteenth time. It's available on rabbit ears in a few cities in Ontario.

It's a must-carry basic channel for many cable subscribers - Rogers Cable 15 in Toronto.
    The channel launched on April 18, 2011 and was only granted a licence in November 2010.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun_News_Network

Quote Originally Posted by starchoice View Post
    The channel launched on April 18, 2011 and was only granted a licence in November 2010.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun_News_Network
    There's been some additional licensing to allow for national coverage - but the launch was only a relaunch. Channel 52 has been on-the-air for years, and on April 18th the format changed. It's a relaunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadedmuse1 View Post
    My reciever wont tune to that channel, I guess its a good thing that Shaw made peoples recievers not tune to the channel much like it wont tune to Bite and CBC Regina.
    You probably have an older receiver. You need one that does 8PSK, such as the 209,319, 505, 530, any 6xx receiver.
    I get Sun News, Bite, Aux, and Pet-TV on my 505.
    Your TiVo expert. TiVo user since 2004.

Quote Originally Posted by nfitz View Post

Are you sure about that?

From my understanding it was licensed as a CAT 2 Digital Channel?

When you say its on channel 52 in Toronto(66 Digital & analog in Ottawa) is that Digital or analog or both on 52 digital/Analog?

I know there's a free preview until the end of AUG, but I think after that it'll disappear from any analog channel its on your provider and be only on Digital.

Now whether they leave it on Digital channel 52 in Toronto(digital Channel 66 in Ottawa) that up to Rogers to decided.
    Welcome To OC TRANSPO
    <b>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_Zr5s8Nmew
    Watch The OC Video

This should clear it up.

The channel is also being simulcast (at least initially) on CKXT-TV, an over-the-air station (formerly known as the generally-formatted Sun TV) available in Toronto and portions of southern and eastern Ontario, which benefits from mandatory carriage on analog cable throughout those areas, but is also carried (at the provider's option) on the digital service of several other cable and satellite providers.
    The channel launched on April 18, 2011 under a Category 2 specialty channel licence granted by the CRTC in November 2010, after the network aborted a highly publicized attempt for a Category 1 license that would have given it mandatory access on digital cable and satellite providers across Canada.

At one time the Bloc and Reform had both 51 seats each, and the Bloc was the offical oppostion because they had 51 seats first, and the reform picked up a seat in a By-election. at the time Bouchard refuse to live in Stornaway because it was in Canada and Bouchard perferd Hotel in Hull. CBC did a news story on how a government offical had to go to Stornaway every day check the heat and water to make sure nothing froze up.

The reform party was screaming to the speaker to let them be Offical oppostion and not the Bloc.

The last two votes for me were simply for the party that I felt would do the least damage to the country. Nothing about what benefits the country. I say give the NDP a chance, how much worse off can this country be besides how bad the Conservatives and Liberals have fu**ed Canada? Give the NDP a chance, then vote them out next election.