Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New hd tv

While I agree FP have come a long way from the crappy ones of the past There is still something to be said for a good quality large screen tv. No lighting issue for one thing. I have a 67 inch 1080p LED DLP which is quite watchable to 160 degree radius in a fully lit room. The closest viewer sits at about halfway between the side and straight on to the set in my room. I seriously considered going 1080p FP but the tv was less than 2500 bucks and consumes less than 100 watts, no bulbs to deal with either. At the time the cost of the projector, screen and accessories would have been almost double that of the tv. I'm not knocking FP, it's great when you have the space and money to dedicate a proper HT room with all the trimmings and you watch a lot of movies. Both have their strong and weak points.

I have decided to purchase the Pan. tc54ps14 from FS for $1599.00 which is a pretty good buy.

Red face Enjoy !

Quote Originally Posted by squirt10 View Post
    I have decided to purchase the Pan. tc54ps14 from FS for $1599.00 which is a pretty good buy.
    A Pany was our first set. Still has the best blacks I've ever seen !

[sigpic][/sigpic]
    [IMG]http://www.accesswave.ca/%7Enbrooks/OLDEAT.JPG[/IMG]

We have a 42 inch Viera in the living room.
    Best PQ bar none in plasmas.

Quote Originally Posted by HT Gearhead;320837[I
    ]We have a 42 inch Viera in the living room.
    Best PQ bar none in plasmas.[/I]
    Not according to the reviews. PQ is excellent but it is surpassed by the Samsung for PQ, and the Pioneer is agreed upon by the experts to be THE BEST in PQ and Contrast i.e. blackest blacks.

However, we used to have a Panny and yes, it is a great set :-)
    [IMG]http://www.accesswave.ca/%7Enbrooks/OLDEAT.JPG[/IMG]

Bah! All those reviewers are colourblind!

I also have a Samsung as well, very happy with both.