Thread: Best of XM on Sirius or vice versa

Best of XM on Sirius or vice versa

I just posted the following on the Sirius Satellite Discussion group called the Lounge.

"In the USA a subscriber can add XM channels to their SIRIUS subscription. They can add "The Best of XM" on SIRIUS and get MLB® Home Plate™, NHL® and NBA games, the 24/7 NHL® Home Ice Channel, The PGA TOUR® Network, college sports, every IndyCar® Series race and XM Public Radio. Everything worth listening to would then be on SIRIUS.

I would especially enjoy being able to hear every NHL game and every Major League Baseball game from my car. I do not enjoy all the talk on Hockey Night, I want the actual games.

I know that XM and Sirius have the same owner in the USA and they do not here in Canada, but, why can't the two satellite radio providers reach an agreement in this country to supply their programming to each other. Sirius could supply NFL, Nascar, and Howard Stern to XM listeners.

Who here agrees that satellite radio would be better if we could get all the channels that are available to both providers?

Who, besides me, would pay a couple of extra dollars to be able to receive the best of XM on Sirius?

XM Radio offers listeners comprehensive coverage of the NHL and MLB with an extensive schedule of live play-by-play of all hockey and baseball games; why can't we get these with Sirius? "

Please, answer here, at The Sirius Lounge, or both places.

http://www.siriuscanada.ca/en/lounge/default.aspx

I don't know why people put up with BS.

Just get a U.S. subscription.

Quote Originally Posted by starchoice View Post
    I don't know why people put up with BS.

Just get a U.S. subscription.
    Are we allowed to talk about "grey" satellite radio but not TV?

Wink

The owner of this site doesn't sell satellite radio equipment....

Sirius Canada and XM Canada remain separate entities on this side of the border even though they are essentially reselling the same services from SiriusXM. I'm sure it would be technically easy to create the "best of" packages but until a merger it's almost like Ford selling best of Chrysler. Not gonna happen.

As I was saying on the Sports Thread of the Sirius Lounge, "Hockey Night in Canada" even has re-runs during game times. I was driving home the other night and caught the score of the Habs - Pens game on Hardcore Sports so I switched to HNIC to find out who scored the goals and discovered that they were only talking about the night before games.

Can't Sirius even talk about a game going on at present time? What is Sirius Canada doing about this "sirius problem" (pun intended) . Are they in negotiations with XM to trade NFL for NHL, etc. They should be!!

Best of XM in Canada could include 2 of their Canadian channels and 16 of their Sports Channels traded for the best of Sirius which could include 2 of our Canadian channels and our Sports Channels.

The CRTC would be happy with a deal that sees more Canadian channels heard by more ears and sports fans would be happy to be able to get all sports. Win Win don't you agree?

Could I hear from a Sirius employee about this idea?

Unless something has changed, I don't think the Best of XM on Sirius includes actual baseball games, just the baseball channel. So... if I were starting from scratch today I would go with XM and get the Best of Sirius package
    [url=http://www.DogstarRadio.com/now_playing.php][img]http://images.DogstarRadio.com/now_playing_image2.php/74320871/image.png[/img][/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew8468 View Post
    Unless something has changed, I don't think the Best of XM on Sirius includes actual baseball games, just the baseball channel. So... if I were starting from scratch today I would go with XM and get the Best of Sirius package
    Best of XM in Canada could be anything that the two providers could negotiate. It may not be anything like the best of XM in the USA because it would have to include the trading of Canadian channels.

I have nothing new to report on this topic but I was wondering if anyone has heard anything new on this front.