Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Soooo, What did you get??

dishguy

Soooo, What did you get??

I just bought a Samsung 52" LCD from Best buy for $1349.00.
    Off to the Mono Price site for a mounting bracket now.
    The best thing was that it was my wife who forced me to blow the dust out of the wallet and buy it.

I LOVE MY WIFE!
    No she is not standing behind me watching me type this.

dishguy
    Holy CRAP, shipping on brackets is ridiculous with Monoprice!
    Any suggestions on wall mount bracket suppliers other than Monoprice?
    $45.00 for both brackets(needed a small one for a 19 inch LCD in the bedroom)
    $51.50 for USPS(the cheapest they offer).
    $75 for UPS expedited.
    Grrrrr, I hate being milked for shipping.

wife bought a bell hdtv for our 50 inch plasms

dishguy
    Quote Originally Posted by wetlabk View Post
    wife bought a bell hdtv for our 50 inch plasms
    Nice!
    It's nice to see our wives are taking care of us.

We bought two new sleds. Skidoo rev 600 and 800.

Oh wait, wrong forum sorry

Got a new Pioneer 141FD 60" plasma (with the GF's blessing) as well as a new 722K Dual Tuner HDPVR.

dishguy
    Quote Originally Posted by peano View Post
    Got a new Pioneer 141FD 60" plasma (with the GF's blessing) as well as a new 722K Dual Tuner HDPVR.
    If I had your money I would burn mine.

dishguy
    Quote Originally Posted by North0f60 View Post
    We bought two new sleds. Skidoo rev 600 and 800.

Oh wait, wrong forum sorry
    Right thread though.
    Any chance you want to visit Northwestern Ontario with them?

I could put them to good use.
    My '93 Polaris Indy Trail Deluxe has seen better days.
    Too many regulations and fees in Ontario to make it worth while anyway.
    I don't know how they can consider the river in front of my house a trail and force me to pay a permit fee to ride on it?
    Oh well, If I could afford a new sled I probably wouldn't bitch about the fees to ride it.

Wink What I wanted - What I actually got

I was looking to buy an A/V receiver regular price at Best Buy $650, Future Shop regular price $700. I checked Best Buy on about Dec 22nd no change in price. I checked BB again the day before Boxing Day and it was on at $400 !

The problem was that it was out of stock. I assume that they had only a few at that price, chain-wide. The website said that it would be available January 4, but no mention of price; I assume back at regular price with lots of availability. Future Shop never had it on sale, according to their website, but did not have any stock !?!

What I actually got: Santa brought my wife and me a set of aluminum/DuPont plastic snow shows. They were $50 per pair at Giant Tiger. I love the GT!!! We get milk and lots of well priced stuff there, better than Wally. We tromped around a bit yesterday and they were great - especially at that price. Too cold today for anything except TV watching and getting down some of the Christmas stuff.

Am so not digging these stores who got sales that exist only on paper because they don't really have any inventory. It a bait and switch strategy to up-sell that border on false advertising and in 2010 it unacceptable. These stores are now competing against online shopping and it a stupid mistake for them to make in this situation. Up-sell is over folk and that goes for these stupid expensive cable you try peddling too!
    [URL="http://twitter.com/madhi19"]Possunt quia posse videntur[/URL]