Thread: C-Band to the rescue

C-Band to the rescue

With changes to the Canadian TV programming, I have had to find a way to get Supernatural without costing me more money. Some searching on Lyngsat.com allowed me to find a FTA feed of CW.

Last night I decided to do some scanning and found other networks on C-band that are not encrypted and a FOX wildfeed. Now to watch the wildfeed to see if House is broadcast early.

The last time I was searching for wildfeeds, most were encrypted. I think that with less and less c-band dishes out there, they feel that there is no need to scramble.

Adding in the DVB receiver is just making it better.

Now if I could find an all-in-one receiver.

Nice, I believe Santa needs to be sending me one of those.
    [url]http://forum.cabletv.com/[/url]

House and the other Universal shows appear to have gone encrypted this year. They were ITC last year.

With the right equipment you can now get HD versions of ABC, CBS, CW and MYTv in the clear. Fox is scrambled and there is no receiver around that can now get NBC audio properly, although the video is OK.

As far as the ad for the receiver in the link the Equity Mux mentioned is dead but a similair one has opned up on W3. Ialso beleive the NBC Mux mentioned on g14 has long been scrambled.

Quote Originally Posted by MeSat View Post
    With changes to the Canadian TV programming, I have had to find a way to get Supernatural without costing me more money. Some searching on Lyngsat.com allowed me to find a FTA feed of CW.

Last night I decided to do some scanning and found other networks on C-band that are not encrypted and a FOX wildfeed. Now to watch the wildfeed to see if House is broadcast early.

The last time I was searching for wildfeeds, most were encrypted. I think that with less and less c-band dishes out there, they feel that there is no need to scramble.

Adding in the DVB receiver is just making it better.

Now if I could find an all-in-one receiver.

One name "EZTV" Google it!
    [URL="http://twitter.com/madhi19"]Possunt quia posse videntur[/URL]

For House I was more concerned about a wild feed. We get House on SD so it isn't a big issue. Supernatural was the issue as it required a subscription to the movie channels which we cannot afford at this time.