Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Random Thoughts About StarChoice's $2/month "New HD Sports Bundle"...TSN & Sportsnet

Just because it's not advertised does not mean it's not offered. SC has lots of options like this. It's pretty well word of mouth and a CSR with some knowledge to be able to carry out the transaction.

Quote Originally Posted by mdd1 View Post
    Starchoice is no longer advertising Digital Basic on their web site. Their lowest cost package is now Bronze at $35.00/month. Their few perks are dwindling.

-Mike
    If you download the programming PDF, Digital Basic is on there still.

I spoke with a CSR today. If you have bronze and pay the $1.99 you only get TSN HD, you have to add the sports pkg to get Sports Net HD. In effect, this is nothing but a $2 price hike on top of the $2 price hike we just had.

I paid the fee. I watch a lot of baseball. Don't care that much about speed HD, although anything HD is better than anything on SD. They can add all the channels they want to SD packages, i'm not interested in them. HD is another matter.

Lightbulb

So, StarChoice has three HD channels in their new HD Sports bundle- TSN, Sportsnet & Speed http://www.starchoice.com/promotions...ts/default.asp

$2/month or free for Gold Plus or better subs. We're back to Platinum Plus so we get them.

If they add Raptors HD & Score HD at some point, I hope they provide them free to us "Plus" subs.
    [i][b]MSNBC, Bloomberg TV, Big 10 Network HD, & Speed HD available on ShawDirect, not available on Bell[/b][/i]

Quote Originally Posted by bmiller View Post
    I paid the fee. I watch a lot of baseball. Don't care that much about speed HD, although anything HD is better than anything on SD. They can add all the channels they want to SD packages, i'm not interested in them. HD is another matter.
    I think I will add the sports and HD pkg for baseball and NASCAR in the summer and take it off after that. I am not real happy about all this though, seems like another SC cash grab after 2 price hikes this past year.

It seems all providers are getting quite innovative in describing price increases. I read somewhere Bevu called a $3 increase a digital access fee. Sounds like the bs access fee they use for cell phones.

Quote Originally Posted by bmiller View Post
    It seems all providers are getting quite innovative in describing price increases. I read somewhere Bevu called a $3 increase a digital access fee. Sounds like the bs access fee they use for cell phones.
    Rogers has been useing the digital access fee for 10 years now.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by NovaMan View Post
    You are probably correct.

When I do pay extra for TSN HDand SportsNet HD, I hope that I can get all of the games that are in HD on an HD channel. Let me explain. I am in the Ottawa Senators viewing area, but twice now I have noticed that the SD game was on 416 (which I can watch) and if I wanted the HD version (which I am unable to see) I have to subscibe to Centre Ice. The HDTV version should be made available to all of those in the viewing area free of charge (or next month for the new fee). It should be on the SportsNetAlt.channel, not Centre Ice; and if it is on Centre Ice I should be able to watch it because I pay for SportsNet.

I just want to see what I am now paying for........!!
    I agree with you! Being in the Leafs region(actually I get both Sens and Leafs, here on the dividing line), we should also get Leafs games that are on Leafs TVHD, that is not available on Starchoice. They are on Centreice and should be available, if your paying for HD.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by MeSat View Post
    Your pension plan probably is happy to see Shaw make more money. The same goes for BCE and BEV
    .....Let me check....No pension plan....Dang!
    [i][b]MSNBC, Bloomberg TV, Big 10 Network HD, & Speed HD available on ShawDirect, not available on Bell[/b][/i]