Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New on demand weather for Bell ExpressVu

New on demand weather for Bell ExpressVu

ExpressVu customers can now enjoy On-Demand local forecast information for the city of their choice.

Eligibility
    Customers with an ITV capable receiver

Supplementary Information
    An interactive application that allows viewers to select their city and then receive localized weather right on The Weather Network/MétéoMedia feed has been created.

Customers can also request weather information for up to 200 other cities, anytime they want! There is no fee for these upgraded capabilities!
    " The customers will see the new application on channel 505 (English) and 130 (French).
    " Customers with a 3200 or 5200 Dual tuner or a 6100 HD receiver will see the application on 506 (English) and 125 (French) respectively. An iTV capable receiver (3100, 3200, 4100, 5100, 5200, 5800, 5900 or 6100) is required.

Re: New on demand weather for Bell ExpressVu

About time.

Will the other iWeather ITV service be discontinued?

snoman

Good idea, I wonder if it will eventually come to the 9200 as well. Windows MCE has a plugin that does the same thing when your in the MCE shell on your tv.

Grunge

My wife is goung to love this. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I've checked on my 3100's & 9200 and my sons 6100 and nothing? Checked 275 Launch Pad, 505 weather Network(no 506? Nothing comes up, no select buttom or anything. When this suppose to rake effect?

The info states that it should go into effect today...

<font color="white"> OOOOOOOOO AAAAAAAHHHH </font color>
    [img]/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/tup.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/yep.gif[/img]

Just checked again 506 I LOVE IT!!! HEY ROGERS you can no longer clain BEV can't offer a ON DEMAND SERVICE!

TOM [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

travisc

There's a slight difference between weather and thousands of hours of on demand video content.

Yes, but Rogers claims that Sat can't offer Video On Demand(at the present time) which is true, how ever they can no longer say (BEV in this case)can't offer a "OBN DEMAND: service whch I have heard them say before and that was thepoint I was trying to make.

Yes Sat can't offer VOD(at present)
    But
    they know can offer a ON DEMAND service which brings them one stepcloser to VOD. True it'll be some time before VOD comes to BEV nd perhaps it may be in some type of combanation of BEV &amp; this video via the phone line type service, but still its a start.

personally, I'm uninterested. that's what I have broadband for.

http://www.weatheroffice.ec.gc.ca