Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: 9200, Tips, Tricks and nits

Re: Strange New Glitch

I started viewing a program while it was recording on Wednesday and my rcvr rebooted part way into the program. Since then I've had 3 or 4 spontaneous reboots while watching live TV. I called BEV yesterday and they instructed me to disconnect the sat feed for several minutes and then to call back if it happens again. I still suspect that the rcvr is screwed, but haven't used it much since the 'fix'.

Replacement is on the way... Was: Re: Strange New Glitch

Well, according to the level 3 tech support guy that I talked to last night after my 9200 reset itself 3 times in the space of 20 minutes, a replacement 9200 is heading my way via courier this morning. He suspects the power supply is the culprit. Now I should look into what sort of warranty coverage the new unit will have. The current one was almost flawless for 10 months before it started acting up.

Here's the drill they'll put you through if your 9200 starts acting up:
    1. They'll check your signal strength on various transponders on 91 and check your software and firmware revision numbers.
    2. Reset using the power button on the rcvr.
    3. Disconnect the sat feed cable for at least a few minutes.
    4. Plug the rcvr directly into an outlet if you have been using it with a power bar.
    If your unit still acts up after these miraculous fixes, your tech should transfer you to a level 3 tech who will basically confirm your shipping address and tell you what to do when your replacement arrives. If you are having trouble with your 9200 resetting itself, do these 'fixes' in advance of calling them so you can expedite the process and hopefully get authorized for a replacement in one call. Mine sits on a shelf with nothing but air around it, so heat buildup should not have been a factor in its demise.

1- Call display doesn't work.(I think others have this problem). According to Tech support the dual tuner PVRs don't have this function........next.

2- Using Themes, never finds very much. Tech sent some hit and it was better for the day, now its back to pretty much useless. If you 99-> and get the guide to update(which doesn't seem to work anymore) then the Themes works fine, for how long I"m not sure.

3- Search function, same as Themes above.

4- The History in the Search function. Shows the last search for awhile and then its blank, no history.

5- In the PVR list you can sort, so I sort by name. If I click done and then go back in the list is sorted by date. Shouldn't it stay the way it was selected like the other PVR's?
    I've seen all these problems. Haven't seen 1, 3, 4 recently. They were fixed with recent firmware revs but maybe they are broken again. Call display seems to be flaky in some areas and not others. I find themes to be rather useless due to bad guide info, inclusion of unsubbed channels and way too much PPV crud. I have a lot of stuff locked out but it still shows up in a theme search.

Maybe you should try clearing NVRAM.

Q. Why did my reply get put ahead of the post I am replying to?
    --Robert

Just wanted to know if anyone else is experiencing the same problems I am:

1- Call display doesn't work.(I think others have this problem). According to Tech support the dual tuner PVRs don't have this function........next.

2- Using Themes, never finds very much. Tech sent some hit and it was better for the day, now its back to pretty much useless. If you 99-> and get the guide to update(which doesn't seem to work anymore) then the Themes works fine, for how long I"m not sure.

4- The History in the Search function. Shows the last search for awhile and then its blank, no history.

5- In the PVR list you can sort, so I sort by name. If I click done and then go back in the list is sorted by date. Shouldn't it stay the way it was selected like the other PVR's?

Thanks, just want to see if these are common problems or just me.
    I don't have any of those problems. Call display can be a little flaky at times and is known not work with some phone systems but it works with Bell. The problem I have with search and themes is that they show too much. Maybe the 9200 needs to be unplugged to reset it.
    --Robert

No longer works for Bell TV reception but is still a good OTA Receiver/PVR.

9200, Tips, Tricks and nits

Dede:As per Flake's suggestion, lets try to keep this thread to reports of problems and possible solutions. Please report features that you've found that other may not be aware of..

Keep the editorial stuff for other threads please.

Just wanted to know if anyone else is experiencing the same problems I am:

Thanks, just want to see if these are common problems or just me.