Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

DSR530 - Tricks, tips and nits - Page 2
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: DSR530 - Tricks, tips and nits

Re: DSR530 - Tricks, tips and nits

Come again?

I'm a Bell fan and I donb't want SC fans to have problems with their PVR. I know some BEV fans have had troubles with their PVRs which can be fustrating, so why wish that on SC fan.

Anyone who does is pretty low in my books.

Tup, when are you expecting your unit?

<font color="red"> Anyone who does is pretty low in my books </font color>

Agreed. We're supposed to be helping one and other around here. Unfortunatly I do more asking then helping.
    My eyes glaze over when you guys start talking about transponders and such.

G

konde

I am very happy to see SC introduce the DSR530, and I hope that they lure a few subs away from Bell. Competition keeps these guys honest and hopefully it will speed up Bell's HD-DVR to market. We all win in the end. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/tup.gif[/img]

Tup

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Tup, when are you expecting your unit?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I'm one of the "in Limbo" preorder people. I stuck with my preorder rather than cancel because I didn't want the hassle of returning a unit shipped to me. However, *C can't seem to get their information staight on if the units have shipped yet or not. Most seem to say Monday and a couple of pre-order people have received them (Ontario and Vancouver). So I'm waiting....and not patiently waiting either. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

So In short, I don't know when it will arrive....Hopefully Friday....but with my luck next Monday.

Arthur

I think you can check for a tracking # on the *C site now.

If no tracking # I would think it would be OK to go ahead and cancel and pick one up.

We look forward to your review. good luck

Unfortunatly I do more asking then helping.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't worry, you're probably asking a question that 10 other people are just itching to ask.

Fire away, someone will know!

Hopefully Friday....but with my luck next Monday.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it'll take more than hope to get it monday. Monday is a holiday. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Tup

Ok, I cancelled my preorder and bought at FutureShop. They just couldn't tell me when/if it was shipped and now I hear it's not shipped until they call to confirm the order (I got no call). So Off to FutureShop and that was it.

It seems fate smiled somewhat in that FutureShop neglected to charge me PST...which saves me a lot here in PEI (10% PST). So that puts me $25 ahead of the preorder even with the lost $50 programming credit.

Activating it went fairly well, I got a guy who helped write the manual for the DSR530 and he knew his stuff!

I haven't read the manual or anything but I have been playing with it....Great picture, no more switching between S-video and component to go to the HD channels (on my 201 sidecar).

I managed to lock it up once by trying to pause a show immediately after changing the channel....I read a DigitalDude post that you have to wait that once you change the channel you have to wait a minute for the buffer to get some data before you can pause.

Hopefully I will get the download tonight and all will be well.

So that puts me $25 ahead of the preorder even with the lost $50 programming credit.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would call SC back and ask if the PPV credit shows on your account. If not, ask them if they could please put the credit on. The worst they could say is no. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/yep.gif[/img]