Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
DSR530 - Tricks, tips and nits
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: DSR530 - Tricks, tips and nits

Re: DSR530 - Tricks, tips and nits

Tips- cancal your order from SC and buy it from FS or The Brick for a cheaper price.

Futureshop.ca DSR 530 $699.99. No savings there.

You save the Starchoice shipping fee [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

$699-$50 programming credit =$649.Even if they tacked on the shipping fee you are still ahead by $36.Plus 10 ppv movies free.Ive never used ppv,but i might when i've got 10 free ones.

Arthur

A report on the DH forum of "picture freezing, loss of signal for few sec's here and there, and a shakey picture."

Tech support says new download tonight, not the 00.98 but a new one.

I'm glad they kept them for a few extra months to get the bugs out.

Tup

Boy, the Bell fans are sure lined up hoping for this unit to have problems. So far, 1 person reported some issues but it may be related to his setup for all we know. Lets try waiting until a few people report problems to get too excited.

It seems that the 530 has extra settings for 480i or 480p or 1080i or 720p for specific TV's and users may not have them set properly.

Arthur

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    It seems that the 530 has extra settings for 480i or 480p or 1080i or 720p for specific TV's and users may not have them set properly.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not what tech support said, they seem to indicate that there will be a software download to fix the problem.

If you have an incompatible output for the display the result will be no picture not a intermittent freezing picture.

Tup

Author, I think the units were sent with a generic Motorola firmware which is immediately targeted for update. Don't get too excited, I'm sure they are going to be more reliable than the 5200!

Arthur

You are right about the Motorola firmware, which was updated to 98, and teck support says a new update should come tonight to fix the problem.

PS in 4 more years the 5200 should be ready to purr but this thread is about the long awaited 530.