Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
DSR530 - Tricks, tips and nits - Page 18
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: DSR530 - Tricks, tips and nits

pauldryan

Re: Motorola most likely has one or two junior programmers w

Keep it up and I'll tell MOM.

Paul

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    No kidding,I've lost 10 lbs since I retired from my office job without dieting or
    cutting back.

[/ QUOTE ]

Retired? It must be that diet cat food...

[just kidding] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    I bow before your superior knowledge of the 9200.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pfft.. And he didn't even have to tell you about the 9200 recording an HDTV OTA signal...

Just wondering what date VBull is going to give this post...

DSR530 - Tricks, tips and nits

This receiver is now making its way into consumers hands. Post your experience here. Here's a short description of its capabilities:

<ul>[*]The Motorola DSR530 combines a full-featured digital receiver for Star Choice satellite service with an advanced high-definition television (HDTV) decoder and digital video recording (DVR) functionality. It delivers dazzling high-definition programming, an easy-to-use menu, and advanced interactive capabilities. In addition to the standard audio and video ports, the DSR530 includes component high-definition and digital video interfaces. The DSR530 also includes a 160 GB hard disk drive that allows users to record programs for later viewing as well as pause and resume live programming. The DSR530s enhanced viewer menu system contains an interactive program guide (IPG) that provides extensive program information to help viewers plan ahead. Future upgrades to the guide can be downloaded via satellite. The easy-to-use menu system is conveniently integrated in the remote control. It allows customers to record over 130 hours of standard definition or over 25 hours of high definition TV. Star Choice also claims that it is the only DVR in the satellite market that can record both SD and HD programming. It also has a DVI output.
    [*]Supplementing the DSR530s extensive feature set is a full access front panel that allows for quick setup and installation.[*] Simple navigation - Offering viewers the ability to surf through channels or view program listings by type, the enhanced interactive guide makes it easier to search channels, times, and programs.[*]Picture-in-Guide - Viewers can scroll through channel listings to see what else is on while simultaneously watching the current program.[*]Enhanced parental controls - Parents can lock rated programming with a password, preventing children from viewing inappropriate content.[*]Upgradeable - Future improvements can be downloaded via satellite. MPEG-4 support can be upgraded in the field through a customer-installable module[/list]