Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Rocket Robin Hood
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rocket Robin Hood

Rocket Robin Hood

campy yes, old, yes

WAY COOL? YES!!!

Man, I loved this show as a kid, and I see it's now
    on Teletoon at various times.

The animation may be rough, the story lines lame,
    but I still find it WAY COOL!!! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/tup.gif[/img]

Am I the only one who loved this cartoon, and
    have been watching it again? FWIW, I am 42.

Re: Rocket Robin Hood

I watched it and hated it, mainly because my brother liked it...I still frequently use one of their sayings, "quaking in their space boots" almost daily. I still can't get it out of my mind. Even compared to other cartoons of that era, it had cheap and cheesy production values, and any kid our age realized it then.

Still, it would be a great candidate for a movie remake. It would be better than Garfield.

It was only afterwards I knew about the real Robin Hood legend. When Prince John or the Sheriff of Nottingham is mentioned I visualize the cartoon guys.

snoman

I used to watch it a lot as a kid. Another one was Hercules and his sidekick Newton. I liked watching those old cheesy shows sometimes, still do when they're on. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I re,eber Herculrs. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    Newton Newton, Thats me thats me. And his little friend toot
    And of coarse you had his girlfriend" Helena. And the arch villians
    Deadaless
    The Mask
    willamean

there wsone or two more I can remeber. The funny hing was he monsters always sounded the same. An that Helena & williamean sounded simular. and f coarse the theme went like thus:

[i]HERCULES HERO OF SONG AND STORY
    HERCULES WINNER OF ACCIENT GLORY(at this part you hear a bow being drawn, and then a arroew being let gp and sailing through the air , then gong sound)
    FIGHTING FOR THE RIGHT
    FIGHTING WITH HIS MIGHT
    WITH THE STRENGHT OF TEN
    ORIDNARY MEN
    HERCULES PEOPLE ARE SAFE WHEN THERE NEAR HIM
    HERCULES ONLY THE EVIL FEAR HIM
    SOFTNES IN HIS EYES
    IRON IN HIS THIGHS
    VERTUL IN HIS HEART
    FIRE IN EVERY PART OF THE MIGHTY HERCULES(at this paer you hear thunder claps).

Song taken from Television Greatest Hits -Black & White Clasics. Vol. 4(There 7 volumes in the series, I have hem all)

TOM [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Grunge

I watched it regularly when I was a kid. You and I are in the same ballpark. I'll have to watch for it. Curious to see how campy it is. I still can't get enough of the original Batman series. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Wow, Rocket Robin Hood and Hercules bring back so many memories!!
    Seems to me that we used to watch the Forest Rangers right about the same time in the late sixites.. I still watch it once in a while on APTN.
    How about these obscure ones from the late sixties:

Skippy The Bush Kangaroo ?
    The Magic Boomerang ?
    (Not sure if I have the titles right).

Ps. Perogy, your post about Archie Woods a few months ago was a blast! Made me feel old, though. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

Incidentally, that *is* Archie Woods in the Puppets Who Kill promo, isn't it?

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Incidentally, that *is* Archie Woods in the Puppets Who Kill promo, isn't it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you saying that Archie went bad and got mixed up with the wrong crowd after Uncle Bob died? [img]/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]

[img]/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] Who tthe heck ids the ARCHIE WOOD? AND UNCLE BOB? [img]/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]
    [img]/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

JoeDude

It was a show from Winnipeg on CTV back in the late 60's early 70's era (I think that's the rough timeframe).

Uncle Bob was the ventriloquist. Archie was the puppet (pictured above).