Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Winnipeg Kids show in the 60's: Archie Wood
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Winnipeg Kids show in the 60's: Archie Wood

Winnipeg Kids show in the 60\'s: Archie Wood

Does anyone remember the Winnipeg based kids show from the 60's that was based on puppets, called Archie Wood and Friends? Bob Schwartz was the ventriloquist. I am interested in old photos / info on this. Searching the web finds nothing.

Re: Winnipeg Kids show in the 60\'s: Archie Wood

I believe Uncle Bob passed away a few ears ago.

Maybe contact CKY where the show was produced. They might be able to help.

DC_Guy

Like so many other Manitoba kids, I grew up watching Uncle Bob on CKY... The show was produced in Winnipeg at the Polo Park studios.

You've gotta love the internet age, though... A quick Google search turned up a Yahoo group dedicated to the show! http://groups.yahoo.com/group/archieandhisfriends/

a Yahoo group! incredible!!

I used to live in Wpg, and once I visited the CKY studios. I saw a "set" used by the show, and I was amazed!!

singing: Winchester Cathedrial!!!! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
    singing: How much is that doggie?????? [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Hi,
    I grew up watching Archie Wood, Uncle Bob [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]and Marvin the Mouse too. Just think of the horror I felt when someone told me they saw Uncle Bob kicking Archie down the hallways at the CKY studio.
    Try this link for a pic of Archie Wood. I must say, I don't like the way they refer to Archie as a "moronic puppet"!!!!
    http://www.otisfodder.com/365days/archive/188.html

Cheers,
    Scott
    [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Phil Harris -- "The Thing"

"Get out of here with that *boom* *boom* *boom*, before I call a cop!"

I'd have to look, but I have/had an LP record from that program.

The Yahoo group is GREAT!!! you can read the msgs without joining the group, but if you want to see the pics you have to join (its easy). You have to be authorized, but it took less than 24 hours for that. Worth it to see the cool pics.

Yeah, there are some pretty interesting tidbits there for those who have watched the show.

Interesting that his last name was really Swarts.

**DONOTDELETE**

Hi all, great to still see some interest in a classic local tv show. check out the group at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/archieandhisfriends

I aprove all members and posts pretty fast, sorry about that but someone kept posting naughty links.

I am also working on re-creating the set for a permanent display in the future. Archie and the gang are all still in Winnipeg enjoying retirement, except Petite Uncle Bobs Mom has her in B.C.

If anyone has any questions I would be happy to try to answer them.