PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Recievers

**DONOTDELETE**
10-27-2002, 07:40 PM
Do I need another wire from the dish into my house if I have two recievers? I use an elliptical dish. My LNB has two horns with wires for SAT A and SAT B.

Thanks

I_M_Norm_Al
10-27-2002, 08:25 PM
What service/dish do you have?

hddave
10-27-2002, 08:50 PM
Assuming you have *C, which it sounds like you do, you should already have the two outlet multiswitch on your dish. Sat A connects to one inlet and Sat B connects to the other inlet. One outlet should already be connected to your current receiver. You will need to run another length of RG6 cable from your second receiver to the spare outlet of the multiswitch. Once installed phone *C for authorization of the second receiver. Happy TV watching! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
10-29-2002, 12:36 AM
Thanks. Is it better to install the multi-switch indoors?

Warren
10-29-2002, 02:16 PM
I just installed a new eliptical dish on my house. The Sat A / Sat B multiswitch is mounted inside, not at the dish. A line connects from each LNB output to the multiswitch which is indoors. Much easier to troubleshoot the system if I don't have to climb on the roof, and less connectors outside means less chance of failure. There could be an issue with Simple Satellite however. They guarantee only the equipment installed outdoors, mounting the switch inside may end its warranty.