PDA

View Full Version : Bev CI question

tomcat
10-03-2002, 06:09 PM
I have looked at the schedule and wonder, when it says "eastern viewers see RDS", what feed are the other zones getting for the same game? I thought RDS was a national station??

Andrew8468
10-03-2002, 06:19 PM
Everyone with NHLCI gets RDS. If the Canadiens are playing a US based team with their game on a US channel, then NHLCI subs in the other regions get that feed.

GOD
10-03-2002, 08:55 PM
Yeah...and we must listen to a French broadcast . It kind of sucks especially when you know they have an English version being aired elsewhere . It is a big disadvantage for Atlantic Canadian viewers.

tomcat
10-04-2002, 11:04 AM
I thought Mikealex suggested in another thread that most everyone would still get the RDS feed even if there were another feed, I could be wrong.

mikealex
10-06-2002, 04:43 AM
Nope, at least that isn't what I meant to say.

Basically, what I meant was if the game is being shown in your area on a non-NHL-CI channel, then the NHL-CI channel will be blocked out in your area, regardless of the language of the broadcast.

The other thing I was trying to elude to is that NHL-CI does not broadcast games themselves. They simply pick up other broadcasts and make them available in areas they normally wouldn't be.