PDA

View Full Version : new receiver and rebates

Warren
07-20-2002, 03:16 PM
As an existing StarChoice customer, can I walk into RadioShack or FutureShop and purchase a full system for my new home? I don't plan to activate a new account nor to otherwise scam the system. I would to get the eliptical dish and an extra receiver. Other than not qualifying for the programming credits, is there anything I should know?

dlg
07-20-2002, 03:35 PM
Yes, don't mention the fact that you are a subscriber. Future shop really isn't up to speed and they have used this excuse over the years to "work" the programs in their favor. This time however it will be to your advantage as most independant dealers charge more for systems going to existing subs.

MrVH
07-20-2002, 05:21 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

it will be to your advantage as most independant dealers charge more for systems going to existing subs.

<hr></blockquote>
While that used to be the fact I don't see why an independant would do that anymore. The reason why it was done in the past is because we, as independant dealers, would get certain credits on our account when activated into a new account, so we had to make sure a system was being sold to a new account so we would not actually lose money on the sale. This is no longer how it works so there really is little reason to charge more.

The only reason I can see why someone would is if they charge significantly less than retail as their regular price and they are counting on new account activation bonuses to bring it back above the profitability line.

Myself, I sell full systems to anyone for the same price now. There's no downside really to doing it. &lt;shrug&gt;