PDA

View Full Version : Grounding Block

ScottC
07-08-2002, 06:59 PM
I just installed a second receiver in our bedroom and have a dilemma regarding what to do with the grounding block. Since it is on the second floor I have no option of connecting it to a water pipe or the service panel. Is the purpose of it to dissipate any static charge? If so then it should be OK to connect it to a ground wire of an adjacent wall plug.

GOD
07-09-2002, 06:26 PM
drive a nine inch spike right thru the middle of it and hopefully you will catch a water pipe . /forums/images/icons/smile.gif I guess everyone knows by now...I'm having a real bad day .

BTW...Scott...don't do that...it might void your warranty . /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

ScottC
07-09-2002, 07:33 PM
Well, if you are not supposed to do that what what should I do in this situation? The other coax (for the original receiver) goes to the basement and the block is connected to the water pipe.

Bent
07-09-2002, 07:55 PM
I would step out on a limb and say that if one coax is grounded, it is enough (on the same lnb at least).
I'm sure it is just for static discharge anyway, anybody else have any suggestions.

snoman
07-10-2002, 11:18 AM
If you're on the same LNB don't worry about it.
Static discharge is all the grounding block is good for.
Anyone tells you it's for lightening protection needs a frontal lobotomy.

ScottC
07-10-2002, 06:36 PM
Thanks for the help.