PDA

View Full Version : *C E-Dish install in Pennsylvania

**DONOTDELETE**
06-19-2002, 06:30 PM
I have a couple of questions before I try this install this weekend. I live in east central Pennsylvania and I know that the signal strenth of the 107 satellite is no problem, what I am worried about is the 111 satellite for french/Hdtv I have looked at the footprint for this bird and to be honest the map is not drawn very well and I can not tell if this is going to work. I am going to use the larger e-dish(76cm).
Also is there a way to figure out the skew.
If this helps, here are my coordinates:
40.4435N
75.8837W
Any help would be greatly appriciated

snoman
06-19-2002, 10:04 PM
You'll be fine with E2 where you are.
In the eastern US it reaches as far south as Nashville.

I_M_Norm_Al
06-20-2002, 03:40 PM
... and even better next year when F2 replaces E2. F2 ku transponders will be 10% stronger than F1's.

I hear that both satellites will produce a strong signal even in B.C. and Alberta - unlike some of the unnnamed competition where rainfade will get worse, not better, in the west with dual sat operation.

**DONOTDELETE**
06-21-2002, 01:16 AM
Hey Bledsoe, just call Starchoice...they have a Snowbirds team who can help you out with all the quardinates (sp) and stuff.

Dede
06-21-2002, 12:38 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Hey Bledsoe, just call Starchoice...they have a Snowbirds team who can help you out with all the quardinates (sp) and stuff.

<hr></blockquote>

So you are saying that *C is knowingly helping to set-up systems for reception in the US? That is very interesting information isn't it?

I'm positive that they were aware that Canadians traveling south *could* bring systems with them for a lengthy holiday (and turning a blind eye to it, that's fair game IMO). But actually helping to setup the systems is a bit hypocritical isn't it?

&lt;sarcasm&gt;
Didnít they promise to the programming-rights holders that they would only distribute their shows to Canada?
&lt;/sarcasm&gt;

GOD
06-21-2002, 01:34 PM
I would pretty well bet money that this is nothing but BAD ADVICE by "Justsomebody"...and I quote , " Hey Bledsoe, just call Starchoice...they have a Snowbirds team who can help you out with all the quardinates (sp) and stuff. " end quote .

There should be no doubt whatsoever that the above is wrong !!! It is illegal for SC or BEV to knowingly sell programming to the US . I know it , and everybody here knows it . Sure they will sell it to anybody who has a valid Canadian address...but they are not going to tell you how to point your system in the US and then sell you programming when they know you are not calling from Canada .

On the other hand...maybe we have taken Justsomebody's info and misinterpited it too . Maybe he did not think that the customer might call directly via a land phone from the US...and if so I apologize if that is the scenario .

DanielAudet
06-22-2002, 11:56 AM
HI i have a location calculator but i need the town name
(major one nearest from where you live)

Here is what i have for major city.

No.: 1
USA Town/City: Pittsburgh
Sat A(107W) Mag: 227.8
Sat A(107W) True: 218.5
Sat A Elevation: 35.5
Sat A E-Dish skew: 118.5
Sat B(111W) Mag: 231.8
Sat B(111W)True: 222.9
Sat B Elevation: 33.4
Sat B E-Dish skew: 121.4

No.: 1
USA Town/City: Philadelphia
Sat A(107W) Mag: 224.4
Sat A(107W) True: 216.7
Sat A Elevation: 36.2
Sat A E-Dish skew: 117.2
Sat B(111W) Mag: 228.9
Sat B(111W)True: 221.2
Sat B Elevation: 34.2
Sat B E-Dish skew: 120.2

Dede
06-23-2002, 06:49 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

I would pretty well bet money that this is nothing but BAD ADVICE by "Justsomebody"...

<hr></blockquote>

Hey Justsomebody, can you elaborate on what exactly the "snowbird" team is supposed to be doing?

Dede
06-25-2002, 02:02 PM
The silence is deafening! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif