PDA

View Full Version : 3rd receiver

tomcat
05-31-2002, 02:50 PM
If I were to add a third receiver from an elliptical dish, can I split the signal from one multi switch output to two receivers or do I have to have a new multiswitch with more outputs?

Satellite_Expert
05-31-2002, 03:23 PM
You can add a new multiswitch or purchase the EDish/quad output and then sell your existing dish.

Skyway
05-31-2002, 03:24 PM
To do it properly you would need to replace the 2 output switch with a 4 output switch (or use 2 HF splitters and add another 2 port switch)..or you could change to a quad non-stacked LNBF as suggested which would require a call to Starchoice to change the network data status..

But if you are not interested in any of the programming on the E2 sat and are not worried about having access to other content that might be added to E2 or F2 in the future..You could set up your Edish like a single sat round dish by using HF splitters, like you are suggesting. If you did decide to do this. You would have less possibilty of problems if you removed the existing switch and hooked up your 3 receivers with a HF splitter to the B LNBF only..and called Starchoice to change your network data status to single sat ready.