PDA

View Full Version : *choice E-dish

**DONOTDELETE**
05-16-2002, 09:48 PM
I.m just new to posting here but have been reading the posts for about 2 months....the thing I am wondering is this....I have been with star choice for about 2 years now and when I first bought my system the installer told me that *c were coming out with a new type of dish and when I wanted to upgrade for a to the new dish they would give me one at a good price....well I called them today and told then that I had an HDTV and was going to be getting a decoder soon but I neede the new dish they told me that they coildn't sell me one ....I told them that there were no places around here that sold satellite gear anymore so now I am wondering what I should do?....any ideas?

GOD
05-17-2002, 02:05 AM
Get a quote from our host here at Kusat on a dish . He most likely can hook you up with one and he ships anywhere .

Warren
05-18-2002, 11:36 AM
You can use two regular dishes in place of an eliptical. That's my plan for when I need access to E2.
A pair of 1M dishes will outperform the 76cm eliptical in terms of signal strength and rain fade any day.

**DONOTDELETE**
05-18-2002, 12:05 PM
Well I have another 1m dish but it is the dual output kind and i'm not sure how or if it would work

ClassicSat
05-18-2002, 02:44 PM
Is your current dish a dual, single, or stacked?.

If it's a dual, you need a DirecTV Plus switch.

If it is a single, you need to upgrade it to a dual,
and get a DirecTV plus dish.

If it is stacked, you can do the previous, or get a stacked
LNBF for the other, and a 2x2 Starchoice switch.

QualityIsJobOne
05-19-2002, 12:44 AM
While we are talking about StarChoice dishes, is the jumbo E-Dish really necessary here in Nova Scotia?

My neighbour just had one of the big ones(I'm not sure of the exact size) installed....let's see what next winter's wind storms do to it!

We live in Ridgevale sub-division- high up in Bedford. The wind rushes up the ridge like a freight train.

I could be wrong, however IMO StarChoice has lost many sales to 18" BEV dishes.

....Is the jumbo E-dish necessary if U are not interested in the E2 channels(French, HD, ethnic)?

Warren
05-19-2002, 11:44 AM
Of course the eliptical dish isn't essential for only F1 programming. I'd guess it's largely an issue of not having the oval dishes in stock, as well as problems with Simple Satellite that prevent the smaller dishes from being installed.

NovaMan
05-19-2002, 06:04 PM
I am interested in this hookup,also.
Do the switches work automatically or do you have to operate them manually?

davidnb
05-20-2002, 08:24 PM
I have one of the larger E dishes installed on the corner of the house. We do get high winds here from the ocean at times and I never have had a problem with the dish or losing a signal. In the world of satellite, bigger is usually better.

ClassicSat
05-21-2002, 06:23 PM
They are automatic.
If you have a 421B or a 410/411, you need a tone generator
also. You are SOL if you have a 921 or a 421C.

**DONOTDELETE**
05-21-2002, 07:54 PM
I have a 421c that gets both sats with a tone generator.

SatMike
05-21-2002, 08:08 PM
Actually the 421 C switches satellites with a "tone simulator".