PDA

View Full Version : BEV Video Break-up

**DONOTDELETE**
05-07-2002, 02:14 PM
Well I have 3 recievers: 2700, 3700, 4700 and experincing signal loss on the 2700 & 3700 so after trying to get customer service for 2 days i finally used live chat on web site. Here is my conversation:
----------------------------------------------------------

What is going on with the digital break-up and delay in video reception when changing channels? I just went over to my neighbour and they are experincing the same thing. I also called my office in Oshawa and they are also experincing this.

Call picked up by Chuck

Chuck: What model receiver do you have, is it a 2700 ?

John: 3700, 2700, 4700

John: I did some reading on the web and alot of people seem to be experincing this.

John: There must be a big problem because I can not get through to your phone support.

Chuck: There is an issue with Model 2700's that our technology team is working on, if you disconnect the Sat. In Cable on the 2700 it will allow the 4700 and likely the 3700 to function properly.

John: What is my son supposed tp watch?

Chuck: I realize this does not solve your problem, however it is a bandaid solution until the technical issue is resolved, otherwised your units will all experience pixeling.

Chuck: We are hoping the issue will be resolved shortly it is in the hands of the engineers and software developers.

John: Hi chuck, I realize this is way beyond your control, and after doing some reading over the last few days this has to deal with anti-piracy issues but I am seriosly considering switching to Starchoice... you have to service your existing customers first!

Chuck: I can understand your situation, I can assure you this is not an Anti-Piracy campaign, the model 2700 and 3700 underwent software upgrades on Friday to version E309 from E308, since then 2700's and all receivers attached with 2700's have been experiencing these issues.

John: Ok I'll take your word on this and hope it corrects itself by the weekend otherwise you are going to lose a customer... oh by the way I unplugged my 2700 and I am still experincing digital break up on my 3700... my 4700 is fine... my advice is to tell your tech team to reinstall previous software..

Chuck: I agree, I wish it was that simple, thank you for your understanding and I will pass along your sentiments to management to light a fire to get this resolved quickly

John: Thanks Chuck

Chuck: No problem, take care ...
--------------------------------------------------------
Well I did unplug my 2700, but still experiencing intermittant signal loss on 3700 so obviously the tech dept. at BEV has their work cut out for them!!!!

evilavenger35
05-07-2002, 06:08 PM
When you say digital break-up, do you mean, the video going very blocky (i.e. 2 - 3 cm squares) during fast action? Because I saw this yesterday when watching "Vertical Limit", and I don't remember seeing this before. I don't have a 2700 though, I only have a 4700.

Cheers,
Mike

wysiwyg
05-07-2002, 10:53 PM
My video break has little pixels all over the screen, or in the same area. Sometimes, the picture even freezes altogether.

I tried unplugging my 2 2700s and that fixed it. Strange. I guess, I should call them up?

KCXLT
05-09-2002, 01:14 AM
I think I have something similar going on. I have a 3700 and a 6000. The 6000 keeps breaking up. I found if I leave the 3700 on, there is no break-up.

konde
05-10-2002, 06:55 PM
I have a similar problem. Everything was working fine when I had a 4700 and a 4500 hooked up to a multiplex switch. I sold the 4500 and bought a 5100. I hooked up the 4700 where the 4500 used to sit, and I hooked up the 5100 where the 4700 used to sit. Now I have frequent pixelation on the 4700, until the picture freezes. Sometimes it will resume working on it's own and sometimes I need to change channels to get it moving again.
The problem with the 5100 is occasional signal loss, even though the signal strength is good. This one is really frustrating, expecially when recording a PPV movie and the recording gets all screwed up. Maybe I should try unhooking the 5100 and seeing if it's causing the trouble.

Skyway
05-10-2002, 07:01 PM
konde,

Why are you using a multi switch if you only have 2 receivers??

konde
05-10-2002, 07:15 PM
When I moved into this house I was thinking I might try Expressvu DirecPC since I am in a rural area with no other high speed options, so I set up the multiswitch. I've changed my mind about the DirecPC though - hearing nothing good about it. I guess I could try cable direct to the receiver to see if that fixes it, but I still suspect that it's the 5100 causing the trouble.