PDA

View Full Version : PVR/HD combo from Bell?

SuperCoo
05-04-2002, 11:13 PM
I heard today that Bell has plans to offer a receiver in 2003 that will be both PVR and HD. Has anyone else heard this?

MCIBUS
05-05-2002, 12:26 AM
No I haven't heard anything like that, but if its got a dual tuner in both HD format, it probally sell well, even though it'll probally sell for at least $1500 CAN.(reason for so much, infalation & components in side receiver)

PEACE UP TOM /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Ranger_Gord
05-05-2002, 05:02 PM
If the US merger occurs, there will be no new DBS receiver products from Echostar. This is because all new products for merged company will be dual format. The first from RCA (Thomson) is expected this fall.

**DONOTDELETE**
05-05-2002, 06:54 PM
If the merger goes through, who is going to make hardware for ExpressVu?

North0f60
05-06-2002, 12:56 AM
maybe RCA? Rumor has it walmarts in the states are going to be selling RCA made Dishnetwork equip very soon. Stores are now selling off all DTV systems and won't be selling them anymore.

MCIBUS
05-06-2002, 02:13 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Stores are now selling off all DTV systems and won't be selling anymore.

<hr></blockquote>

HMMM! Interesting. Do they know something the consumer doesn't? This sounds suspecious?

PEACE UP TOM /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

North0f60
05-06-2002, 05:01 AM
Actually, i believe it's because it's been cash and carry for a long time and they were finding out that alot of people weren't subbing the systems.
I don't believe it has anything to do with merger talks if thats what your thinking, but who knows.

I_M_Norm_Al
05-06-2002, 02:23 PM
I heard that Walmart will be selling DTV "certificates". Select model and pay for it at Walmart, the installer then brings unit with him to install. Total card control.