PDA

View Full Version : BOB reminder

LivingLegend
04-15-2002, 05:01 PM
TMN is reprising Band of Brothers, in High Definition and DD 5.1, beginning tonight, on 285 (BEV), at 10 PM eastern, 7 PM pacific.

If you caught it the first time through, this is a chance to relive some of the best episodic television ever produced, in excellent HD and some of the most powerful DD I've ever experienced (and that includes Saving Private Ryan).

If you missed BOB last Fall, don't be fooled by the first episode; it's a little slow as it introduces all the characters, but the intensity level really cranks up by the second hour. Episode Seven: The Breaking Point, will literally take your breath away.

Dackman
04-15-2002, 10:29 PM
thanks for the reminder ... I loved band of brothers and will watch it again.

Thanks

**DONOTDELETE**
04-16-2002, 12:41 AM
Sorry TMN....same as before....the 11pm start in the Atlantic time zone SUCKS....(in regular or HD)

....In Atlantic Canada, TMN's schedule SUCKS hard!!!!

**DONOTDELETE**
04-16-2002, 01:03 AM
*C channel 292 I am not getting DD 5.1? Are any *C people getting 5.1?

**DONOTDELETE**
04-16-2002, 01:10 AM
No DD 5.1 on Rogers either. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

LivingLegend
04-16-2002, 02:17 AM
5.1 on BEV, no problem. Except they cut off the end credits and went straight to the dreaded monkey/warplanes demo reel. Not a huge loss, but I do like that theme score.

I thought we were supposed to get this run in two-episode increments?

**DONOTDELETE**
04-16-2002, 02:54 AM
Getting the second one here on Rogers.

LivingLegend
04-16-2002, 03:19 AM
Dang!

I guess someone at BEV HD Master Control just can't get enough of Bourne & Kratz!

BEV's schedule shows two more cracks this week at BOB, Thursday afternoon (pst) and Saturday evening. Hopefully this time they won't be so quick to pull TMN's plug...

mowitch
04-16-2002, 04:38 AM
no "dolby" light on StarChoice, but regardless, so happy I get to see this series from start. But, wouldn't you know it, had some company arrived to jump into the hot tub and I missed the first show....(left it on with mute).. lucky me that the kid's bedtime resulted in that they left at the start of the second show.. The chat with the Vet's and the opening soundtrack just gets me every time. Even watching the credits at the end which are crystal clear and distinct outlines how skilled this production is.

Just one more excellent series which I must see for now on till end. (sure wish we could tape this on HDTV). . Anybody know the times if MC is going to repeat this during week?

Aint' big screen HDTV just grand /forums/images/icons/smile.gif)

Monday's BOB,
Tues Six Feet under
Wed NYPD
Thurs Survivor (not on HDTV)

I now can't go out in the evening all week.

Let's hope next week it's in 5.1. I recall last time it showed we got Dolby.

**DONOTDELETE**
04-16-2002, 07:18 PM
Yes, last time it was on *C it was in DD 5.1 and it was awesome picture and sound!