PDA

View Full Version : HD baseball?

LivingLegend
04-04-2002, 02:30 AM
Gosh, it's been quiet in here the past few days. Either we're all wildly content with our HD, or we're still stupefied by CBS' woeful HD presentation of the NCAA basketball championship.

HDNet has <a target="_blank" href=http://www.hd.net/2002-prarchive/2002-03-27-01.html>announced</a> it will be broadcasting 80 baseball games this season.

As BEV seems to have some sort of relationship already established with HDNet, is there any chance we'll see some of these games?

Geoff
04-04-2002, 04:48 AM
Well...
If the hockey and lacross is any indication then I would think it's a good bet that BEV could have some baseball as well.
Obviously Center Ice had nothing to do with hockey being on BEV so the sky is the limit perhaps. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif
Let's keep our fingers crossed.
Not that I would miss it .HDNet is available on my other VGA input.
I was able to see HDNets presentation of about 3 baseball games last fall , I would have to say baseball see the biggest improvement with HD as far as sports are concerned.

CSM
04-04-2002, 06:02 AM
I think satellite HD has now reached a stale, boring zone. No big news from either company, standard programming for the most part. Blahs have hit. No expectations from either company, nothing to really look forward to from
satellite HD. Back to DVD rentals to at least git some great DD5.1 sound.

The biggest news to me is Rogers ability to deliver every HD program offered. Now that's exciting. Wish I could git it.

Geoff
04-04-2002, 02:27 PM
CSM,
TV is not that exciting to begin with. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif
Sooner or later HD will just be the way you view television.Nothing more , nothing less.
Programing is what has to be exciting and it ain't.

snoman
04-04-2002, 06:26 PM
I see the novelty is starting to wear thin with only a handful of channels to choose from. Hope you have a good collection of DVDs to pass the time dude. Hopefully HD will go mainstream soon.

Geoff
04-04-2002, 09:51 PM
Just to be clear.
Programing in general sucks.
Very few TV shows are exciting to watch and for most people that's fine.
The good thing about HD is that the programing , for the most part has been quality shows. ie , Sports, PBS , Olyimpic coverage, etc.

I'm fortunate that I have both American and Canadian HD programing so USUALLY there is something to watch every night.
This will improve , more movies, more sports , more specials.

It's just alittle quiet around here lately.Next weekend will be fun with the Masters .Lots of talk then.

Snoman , you know I haven't rented a DVD in months.
I don't know if it's a slow year for good movies or what but all I seem to watch is HD. If there is nothing on , I find something else to do , like work. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Dackman
04-05-2002, 02:12 AM
Hdnet will have Baseball ... that may explain why choice was testing HDnet on 292 tonight ... we can hope as it looks to be a crappy year for baseball anything would help.

Royce