PDA

View Full Version : *C 401: Viewing only subscribed channels in guide

I've been lurking around here for a long time now. I finally decided to post a question that I've had for since I first got *C and a 401 receiver over a year ago.

Is it possible to have the guide list only those channels that I have subscribed to? I want to do this without having to set a favourites list.

Perhaps this is obvious!??! At least, it should be.

OneTomcat
03-24-2002, 05:37 PM
Go in to options....select Parental Control (3)....then Channel locks (2)....highlight the channel you want to lock out with the up/down arrows....press enter to toggle the lock on or off. It is a little tedious but once done these channels will not show either by going channel to channel or by scrolling thru the guide, tho you can access the channel by entering the channel number directly on the keypad. This is also handy for locking out channels that you may have but never watch.....makes the channel surfing quicker :-)

This is certainly another option similar to setting up a favorites list. In fact, I currently maintain a favourites list with just the channels I subscribe to. However, neither a favourites list nor the parental control method is particularily attractive when new channels are added/removed to/from packages, or when changing packages.

In short, is there a solution that does not have to be edited each time subscriptions change?

DaveJohnson
03-24-2002, 07:37 PM
Age the advice from Tomcat is a good way to see only subscribed channels in the guide. I lockout all nonsubscribed channels and ones I don`t care about that way the guide is set for me. When new channels are added they will show up in the guide as they are not locked out yet. I never deal with favorite lists.

Skyway
03-24-2002, 08:51 PM
I agree that the parental lock out is a much better method of setting up your guide than any kind of automated method such as the one on ExpressVu were you choose to see subscribed channels only or All Channels...

It allows for personal input, as an example very few people like all the digital music channels, I remove about half of them from the guide..I remove the shopping channel and a number of other channels I would never watch....

And if SC adds new channels that will not affect the setting I have already set up!