PDA

View Full Version : Bell dealers selling StarChoice???

Warren
03-05-2002, 08:08 PM
Several MTT Mobility dealers around Nova Scotia are now selling StarChoice as well as ExpressVu. The stores are a front for the phone company, and formerly sold only ExpressVu. Any idea why Bell would now be a dealer for their competition? Should something be read into this?

XBR_II
03-05-2002, 08:52 PM
Warren,

Do you know if these are company stores or are they independently owned and operated? Either way, I'm kinda surprised by this.

QualityIsJobOne
03-06-2002, 12:36 AM
I did notice a StarChoice sign on the weekend at the MTT/Downeast?CellularConcepts? mini-mini-store at the Atlantic Superstore in Bedford, NS....

....I almost dropped my Vice-President's Choice Buffalo wings! /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

IMO...these cell-phone kiosks are just about the LAST place one should buy a sat system....

.....Look deeply into the eyes of the minimum wage droid & ask what system he/she recommends for a high quality Home Theatre System!

.....You will get the "deer in headlights" look! /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

Big_Cheese
03-06-2002, 01:33 AM
"IMO...these cell-phone kiosks are just about the LAST place one
should buy a sat system.... "

How is that any different than the "Futile Shop" buying experience?

Rob
03-06-2002, 01:13 PM
Even better ask them what the next user fee ShawChoice is going to bring in. They can't be any worse then the dealers who sold systems to people knowing a new fee was coming.

**DONOTDELETE**
03-06-2002, 01:24 PM
Radioshack sells both.

And the Bell Mobility dealers here sell both as well. However, their stock on *C is way below what it is on the Bell equipment and they do push the Bell stuff first.

It's interesting as you walk around to get the feel for which dealer is more knowledgable in the area ....

B.

Ross
03-06-2002, 05:17 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

<font color=blue>Any idea why Bell would now be a dealer for their competition?</font color=blue>

<hr></blockquote>I don't think that Bell Canada Enterprises own MT&amp;T (Maritime Telephone &amp; Telegraph). Am I wrong?

XBR_II
03-06-2002, 07:02 PM
Ross,

Actually, BCE has a controlling interest in Aliant Inc, which is what makes this development so interesting.

**DONOTDELETE**
03-07-2002, 12:02 AM
Man'O Man....The RadioShack in Park Lane Mall Halifax has a combo BEV/*Choice display stand prominently in their entrance.....bizarre!

....a few props borrowed from each...very, very sad &amp; confusing!