PDA

View Full Version : Will the Leaf's Make the Play-Offs ?

GOD
03-03-2002, 03:02 PM
It looks like the Leaf's are getting banged up pretty good and since they have no depth or goaltending plus the injuries to Mogilny and Yuskevich will they quickly fall out of the race ?

They really have nothing to trade for a top four dman or goalie so I expect it will be an early spring for them !

It looks like the Sens will be the fan favorite for Canadian's this year on CBC during the playoffs as they have a super team with toughness this year and it's too bad the Leaf's won't be around so they could open up a can of whoopazz on them ! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

DaveJohnson
03-03-2002, 03:12 PM
GOD I got home from work late last night and turned to the Leafs game and thought something was wrong with my tv.

I couldn`t believe I was seeing green Leafs uniforms. Looked like the old Hartford Whaler jersey colors.

I`m starting to dislike 3rd jerseys. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

condodweller
03-03-2002, 03:42 PM
Those jerseys were worn last night because of the 75th anniversary of the team. The green jerseys were to celebrate/remember the Toronto St. Patricks (the forerunner to the present day Leafs).

snoman
03-03-2002, 06:55 PM
75th anniversary since their last Stanley cup too if I'm not mistaken.

GOD
03-03-2002, 07:49 PM
Poor Toronto fan's.....it sure has been a long time for them and yet every year they actually think they have a shot at the Cup ! How die hard can one be ? So now their best Dman is gone...goalie gone...and top sniper[excluding the obvious Sundin] gone too ! I honestly believe they won't make the playoff's this year and had been playing over their head's anyway's !!! Oh well...there is alway's the golf course /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif LOL Hehe...my Ranger's will probably be there too !

mikealex
03-03-2002, 08:04 PM
Not my SENS! With the falling of the Leafs this spring (doesn't tht normally happen in the fall), the Sens will hopefully take their rightful spot at the top of the division. Should be funny though, seeing Bob Cole try to call playoff games when their beloved Leafs aren't there.

"He passes it to the guy in the red jersey, he's hit hard by one of the guys wearing white. Wholey macanah, the big fat guy standing in front of the net caught the puck, and play is stopped"

damian
03-04-2002, 09:25 PM
Sorry but it just wouldn't be the playoffs if without the Leafs helping the Sens start the golf season.

Grunge
03-05-2002, 12:13 AM
I could certainly live without post season Leafs. In fact, I relish the thought !

Angelfish
03-05-2002, 01:16 PM
I hope the Laffs don't go to far in the playoffs.

travisc
03-05-2002, 03:58 PM
The Leafs will make the playoffs. How far they'll go is questionable, but they'll be there. An analysis I saw said the Leafs had to play like .400 and the Canadiens, who are in 9th in the conference, play .714 or thereabouts the rest of the way. Won't happen.

mikealex
03-05-2002, 05:11 PM
Hey, maybe the leafs will make the playoffs, but we can all dream, can't we?

GOD
03-05-2002, 06:24 PM
Well..I dunno about that because you cannot count out NY or Washington either . I agree , Montreal won't be there ! But NY and Washington have the buck's to spend at trade deadline to acquire pending free agents like Kasparitis and Guerin !