PDA

View Full Version : Remote and Password problem on SC 421

**DONOTDELETE**
03-02-2002, 05:08 PM
I purchased a used 421 yesterday with no remote, so I plugged it in and my other two remotes do not work (not even a green blink on the receiver) so I wonder if the prevous owner set a remote code for it but I can't access anything because of a password that he has no clue what it is. is there anyway I can reset it? Would I get a green blink even if the remote address code was set to something other than 000? Or is this thing defective? I could purchase a UHF kit but my password problem is still there. Any help would be great.
Thanx

Skyway
03-02-2002, 05:15 PM
With the system turned on, press the up arrow key and the down arrow key on the front panel of the receiver at the same time..

This should bring up a small box on the TV screen with A0 with the number 0,1,2,3,4 representing the remote control address...0 being the default..

Press the up or down arrow key to change the number and press enter on the panel..

**DONOTDELETE**
03-02-2002, 05:44 PM
Thanx for your help, the code came up as A0 and I changed it a few times then back to 0 and presto! it worked. Now with the remote working I can perform a factory reset. Thanx for your reply.

Skyway
03-02-2002, 06:07 PM
Don't bother with a factory reset..

Just call starchoice to have them clear the password..

If you do a factory reset you will need to call them anyway to set up the network data status and IPPV if you want it...