PDA

View Full Version : StarChoice Another one bite the dush

DanielAudet
02-28-2002, 11:49 AM
Montreal, another one quit StarChoice

Charles Leboeuf Marketing Director for Quebec Region left the company or was ask to leave.

So what is going on with that company?
They are raising Sub's with that 4.99$
$2 more for PPV activated via call center CSR
$0.50 more for PPV activated via interactive response unit.

Is the boat is starting to sink? or what?

Who's next?
What's next?

I_M_Norm_Al
02-28-2002, 12:13 PM
What do they need Marketing Directors for? With such great customer word of mouth about Shaw/SC; thet shouldn't have the need for any sales or marketing professionals - order takers are all that are required. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

snoman
02-28-2002, 12:18 PM
Sinking boat you say??
Nah, Star Choice is implementing Shaw business practices.
Rogers called me to offer their win back promo.
They take the dish and give me free installation of the digital terminal and cable internet plus $300 in free programming credits plus the internet at half price for 4 months and 2 free PPVs. I was going to take the offer but was overruled by the powers that be (Mrs snoman). She has accepted the 905 sidecar now (whew!).

**DONOTDELETE**
02-28-2002, 02:05 PM
Sinking ship?

StarChoice is trying to become profitable, simple as that. I wouldn't be surprised if that happened by year end.

DanielAudet
02-28-2002, 02:08 PM
Yes Rogers is very agressive for that specially in the Maritime.
I am in the process to put some more OTA antenna's and built up my own Small cabletv at home and will reduce SC to a minimum to get only what i cant have thru OTA.

**DONOTDELETE**
02-28-2002, 02:58 PM
Got the same offer Snoman, the only consideration I gave it was for the cable internet, but in the end I do enjoy my Starchoice.

snoman
02-28-2002, 03:58 PM
If I could pick 'n pay for all my channels I would keep about 30 of them. I'm still hopeful Look TV will make a comeback here in Barrie.

davidnb
02-28-2002, 10:04 PM
I think SC is scarced to reach that 1 million sub count. Everytime they start to get close they do something to lose some subs. If SC really wants to raise more money, then raise the basic programming cost up some. And, charge a extra fee for receivers that are not plugged into the phone line. Say, a $9.95 plus tax for any receiver not plugged in.

MikefromCanmore
03-01-2002, 12:02 PM
At some point in the next 18 months; SC will start the downward spiral - more customers lost than new ones gained.

This is such an anti customer outfit that when the effects of lazy Canadian "broadcasters" (ie Izzy Asper) are added, the sales of foreign hardware are due to escalate again. After all, except for the CBC, local news + winter sports: what Canadian produced tv does anybody watch?

Rob
03-01-2002, 12:28 PM
And how does this hurt the cable company? They aren't anti customer they are just anti satellite.

**DONOTDELETE**
03-01-2002, 12:32 PM
A Star Choice dish went up close to me recently. I must admit I'd never seen one before.

So people are definitely buying them.

Although this is off topic, I noticed the dish looks a lot like the <a target="_blank" href=http://www.directv.com>DirecTV (http://www.StarChoice.com>Star) <a target="_blank" href=http://www.hns.com/direcway/intro.htm>Direcway</a> dish for internet access. Is this a coincidence?