PDA

View Full Version : HD horrors!

LivingLegend
02-28-2002, 06:02 AM
Boy, did we ever get spoiled by all that great HD Olympic coverage. Tonight, there's one channel of HD, and nothing on. NO TMN-HD. NO PPV-HD. And now that Leno is over, NO network HD. NO PBS-HD. Just the crappy Botannical Garden/Body & Earth trailer demo reel. Geez, at least give us back our Ottawa Test Transmitter...

I_M_Norm_Al
02-28-2002, 12:23 PM
By your title, I thought this would be another "Isn't SC HD great?" thread.

Dede
02-28-2002, 01:53 PM
Waddayamean? Tonight we'll get CSI and the Agency, with an outside chance that we get Smart Travels at 7:30 (haven't been able to figure the schedule for that one yet!)

LivingLegend
02-28-2002, 02:39 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Waddayamean?

<hr></blockquote>

Sorry, I was talking about Wednesday night. Being on the West Coast, I sometimes forget that by the time I post, most of the people in this forum have gone to bed. It's amazing how quiet this place gets after 9 PM PST...

**DONOTDELETE**
02-28-2002, 03:07 PM
Hmm... what provider? On BEV last night (Wednesday night) they had the PBS show "American Family" on at 5pm (Western Time) followed by "The Drew Carey Show" and, I think "According to Jim" then back to PBS for the Widescreen 480i version of a documentary on Ancient Egypt. (I didn't stay up to watch what else was on.) Plus there was "Rush Hour 2" on PPV.

I actually thankeful that they on't show the Ottowa HD Test loop very often, anymore. At least with the PBS demo loop you do get the occasional show that BEV doesn't, necessarily, have planned. Like "Smart Travels with Rudy Maxa" (I haven't completely figured out the schedule yet, either, but I just love that show!) or the Widescreen documentary on Egypt from last night. It was only an upconvert (even if it was widescreen) but it's better than than watching "Over Canada" (which is georgeous, BTW) for the 800th time. Plus at least he PBS demo loop shows a bit more variety when there is nothing else on.

But, I will admit that I was feeling a bit spoiled with having the Olympics available almost 24/7. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Geoff
02-28-2002, 03:35 PM
Smart Travels was on last night aswell.

**DONOTDELETE**
02-28-2002, 03:54 PM
PBS National runs an episode of Smart Travels every night at 7:30 EST. It just depends of course whether or not Bev happens to be running the loop at that time.