PDA

View Full Version : who is singing that?

wildman
02-25-2002, 01:39 AM
Need some help. During the Olympics, CBC had a song tribute to the women's hockey team. The song seemed to be called "I'm Free", but I can't find it anywhere on the net. so it must be called something else and it must not be a terribly popular artist.

Anyone know the answer to this one?

DC_Guy
02-25-2002, 03:32 AM
While we're at it... I need a little help too...

I'm looking for this Canadian song that you hear from time to time -- I'm guessing its by a Québécois artists (something tells me I've heard it at a large gathering like a political thing, but also at something like a new year's celebration)...

The only thing I know from it is that the chorus goes something like "lah-la, la-la-la"...

Its not much, but if you can help me... slightly altering the words of Kylie Minogue "I can't get it out of my head..." /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

SMSAT
02-26-2002, 01:05 AM
DC_GUY

I think the song you are looking for is Life is Life by Opus. It used to be a classic after goal song at Oshawa General's games when I used to go watch Mr. Lindros as a junior.

SMSAT
03-02-2002, 03:12 PM
Wildman -- can you describe the type of music you heard? I watched that game and can't remember. I thought they might have played My Sacrifice by Creed which includes those words

snoman
03-02-2002, 07:01 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

I think the song you are looking for is Life is Life by Opus. It used to be a classic after goal song at Oshawa General's games when I used to go watch Mr. Lindros as a junior.

<hr></blockquote>

I have that song on a 45 rpm record.
I'm sure some of you here are old enough to remember vinyl.
/forums/images/icons/smile.gif

batfink
03-02-2002, 08:16 PM
I remember, kids, when I had to get off the Laz-e-boy to turn this little dial thing when you wanted to change the channel..

condodweller
03-02-2002, 08:29 PM
You're not serious are you? Was that part of the now defunct Participaction activities? Changing the channel on
the TV? Never heard of such a thing /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

snoman
03-03-2002, 03:09 AM
Ahh yes I remember doing that too.
Living in Montreal then we had 4 count 'em 4 channels to choose from, 2 french and 2 english.
Then we got one of them new tv sets with a UHF dial on it and discovered ABC from Burlington Vermont on 22.
Wow what a treat it was to get US tv with rabbit ears.

SMSAT
03-03-2002, 02:34 PM
I miss the days of using rolls of tin-foil to improve signal reception as well as not allowing anyone to move!

wildman
03-03-2002, 08:07 PM
I don't know the answer to Name that Tune for anyone else, so sorry about that.

In regards, to my question. It can't be Creed, I don't believe, because a woman was singing it.

thanks anyway for the help