PDA

View Full Version : Re-selling legit EVu/*C systems?

travisc
02-20-2002, 06:09 AM
Our cable company is doing a bit of a dish buyback program, so we're getting in some receivers and dishes from customers. Primarily so far we've gotten back EVu 2700's. Is there a market for this stuff or will we end up junking it? And what are the requirements to transfer the system to someone else - ie. what needs to be signed, etc.?

Apologies if this message steps on any toes - feel free to lock it if so.

**DONOTDELETE**
02-20-2002, 11:26 AM
There's nothing wrong with reselling systems from either company. some things to keep in mind:
<ul type="square"> Evxpressvu has a transfer fee of 20 or 25 dollars. I don't think Star Choice has one.
If money is owed on the account the receiver belonged to, there may be problems getting it activated or deposits required. Your customers won't appreciate that, so you're best off checking with the company.
The 2700 is not worth much. Over Christmas retailers were essentially giving them away by selling them for $100 with a $100 programming credit.
[/list]

Ranger_Gord
02-20-2002, 12:13 PM
Put them EBay - ship to Canadians only - NO RESERVE

jconnor
02-20-2002, 02:17 PM
The cable company in my area can't have mine. - No offence. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

But, I'd buy a 2700 from you if it was cheap and free and clear!

GOD
02-20-2002, 02:57 PM
Hmmm...what if those are compromised systems from Bell and you are caught reselling them ? I wonder how that plays out ? Isn't reselling them kind of defeating the purpose of taking them in on trade in the first place ? But then again...it's a cable company and there's nothing I would put past them . A buck is a buck I guess . /forums/images/icons/smile.gif It just seem's funny...they lobby the government about unfair competition...and then turnaround and resell sat's . Go figure !

**DONOTDELETE**
02-20-2002, 03:40 PM
I am sure 90% of the dishes have a huge unpaid balance tieing those recevier's to the account.
#1 reason for trading in - lol
Making the used hardware worthless , except for dish/lnb.

GOD
02-20-2002, 03:56 PM
Opps...sorry Travis , I just saw where you said "Legit" in your post header .

travisc
02-20-2002, 04:57 PM
Well, you may have a point. At this time we haven't identified if there's big balances tied to those receivers. If there are, I guess they'll be fodder for a monster truck rally or something. For the most part, it's been old folks turning them in so I don't anticipate there'll be too much of a problem.

One old dude got rid of his sat because he was supposed to get a magazine and he fought with SC and never got it so he got rid of it. There's no figuring old folks! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
02-20-2002, 05:47 PM
You've got a PM....

ddire