PDA

View Full Version : 4700 Pixelation

konde
02-20-2002, 03:26 AM
Ever since I moved my 4700 to where my 4500 used to sit, I've noticed periods of bad pixelation on the 4700. I have a 5100 hooked up where the 4700 used to reside, but I haven't noticed pixelation on it. The signal strength hasn't changed, since I shuffled the receivers. One other thing I've noticed, is sometimes I get an error message, saying "Acquiring Satellite Signal..." (forgot the rest) Sometimes I have to turn the receiver off and on again to get any channels.
Anyone have any ideas what the problem is?

donnyd2
02-20-2002, 03:42 AM
I would check that my connection to the 4700 is good. If all you have done is swap receivers, the only things changed are the connections and the receivers themselves. Try moving the wire feeding into the receiver, to see if it causes any change in picture. You could also try putting the 4500 back there to see if it still works ok. If it does and the 4700 does not, it is the 4700 itself. Was it ok where it was before? Try reseating the smartcard. These are a couple of simple things. I am sure that you will get more ideas from the group.
Good luck.

**DONOTDELETE**
02-20-2002, 06:27 AM
Is somebody changing channels on one of the other boxes when you are experiencing pixelation, etc? I sometimes experience the pixelation you mention when the channel is changed on one unit, or sometimes if both units are trying to check the guide at the same time, I get the acquiring satellite signal message on both.

Arthur
02-20-2002, 10:56 AM
Give the cable a wiggle the next time you have the problem to see if it makes a difference.

Have someone change channels over and over on the 5100 while you watch the 4700 to see if that causes it. (bad LNB?)

I would start by checking all connections and replaceing the connector that goes to sat in on the 4700.

konde
02-21-2002, 05:39 AM
It did it again tonight while watching the game in the second period, only this time I was watching the 5100. I lost the picture and got the 'Acquiring Satellite Signal' message. That seemed like the longest 5 seconds of my life waiting to get the picture back while the Fins had the pressure on. I'll definitly do the channel changing test and check to make sure everything is seated properly.

**DONOTDELETE**
02-21-2002, 05:52 AM
I noticed some pixelation a few times on my 3100 tonight also. 1st time I have seen this on BEV in the 4 months I owned it.

Big_Cheese
02-21-2002, 02:03 PM
Typical of the 4500 - 4700 Echostar product. It is caused by a buildup of aluminium oxide at 3 dissimiliarmetal junction points on the main circuit board. When you see this happen on a warrantied unit, return it. Try to get warranty extension on the new/refurbed unit that they give you.

This is part of the <font color=blue> Throw-Away Line</font color=blue> from Echostar.