PDA

View Full Version : How to get remote control to work?

**DONOTDELETE**
02-17-2002, 05:41 AM
I am glad I found this site. For three weeks I have been sending Expressvu an email from their site asking how to program a expressvu remote control so it will work. They send me ticket numbers saying they will reply fast - but they never do. I didn't know this request would be so hard.

Our remote control stoped working (being dropped) so we purchased a new one (express vu) at our small radio shack. (It look just like our old one. )

How do we program the remote control so it will work?

We click the buttons and nothing happens. Do we need to punch in a number or something to make the remote control work with model 4500.

The people at Radio Shack didn't know. I can't find our book only the instalation book that has nothing about a remote control.

On the bag of the remote control it reads
152-8033
on our screen it says 1 for remote control.

What do we do? Thank you very much.

Cheers.

jimmymac

ddire
02-17-2002, 06:08 AM
Download this manual in PDF and goto page 14.... You need to set the ADDRESS.

ddire

http://www.dishnetwork.com/downloads/pdf/technology/remote/Remote.pdf

**DONOTDELETE**
02-17-2002, 06:44 AM
Thank-you very much - but...

I'm wrong, our new remote control has the Dish logo but it does not have an Address button.

Any suggestions?

jimmymac

Skyway
02-17-2002, 07:11 AM
It has too be a UHF remote to work with the 4500...The UHF remotes have UHF printed on them near the bottom of the remote...

The one you have is for the 3500 model (it won't work) you need Radio Shack part # 152-8029 $79.99

You could also get the 4700 remote, it looks different but is UHF and will work...

**DONOTDELETE**
02-17-2002, 07:17 AM
Thanks Skyway - I'm off to Radio Shack when it opens with your post printed in hand.

Cheers.

jimmymac