PDA

View Full Version : PQ on CBC with SC 305

goldeneye
02-14-2002, 06:28 PM
Iíve only been a sub for less than a month, so still quite new to the satellite world.
Iíve noticed that most of the time, but not always, the system status screen with my SC 305 shows signal strength (SS) 20 and picture quality (PQ) 70 when viewing CBC Toronto and Montreal channels. The other CBC channels consistently indicate SS and PQ in the upper 90s as do all other channels Iíve happened to check (I havenít gone through every channel). Why is this? Do the SS and PQ vary from channel to channel? Is this a SC issue or a broadcaster (in this case CBC) issue. Iíve got the 60 cm two sat elliptical dish. Could it be that these two channels are on one sat and most other channels on the other? (E2 / F1 or whatever) Do I need to re-point my dish? Is it a hardware glitch with the receiver?
Questions Questions Questions. Any answers?

**DONOTDELETE**
02-14-2002, 07:30 PM
Don't know if this will help but, on BEV 210 CBC Toronto is the best CBC for PQ.

goldeneye
02-14-2002, 07:47 PM
Thanks. The PQ is fine on both these stations, I guess I'm just wondering whether I should be concerned about the SS and PQ numbers the status screen is showing me.

Arthur
02-14-2002, 07:55 PM
The #s will not affect the PQ, you either have a picture or you dont.

The reason you need the highest #s possible is to insure the least amount of rainfade.

QualityIsJobOne
02-14-2002, 08:08 PM
Well, all 7 CBC's are on the big bird-F1. IMO CBC West Channel 308 has the most pleasing picture sharpness & colour.

BTW-Using the S-Video connection to your TV makes a big difference.

**DONOTDELETE**
02-14-2002, 08:47 PM
I also have a 305 receiver and the Toronto CBC seems to come in best. In contrast, the Toronto CTV is not that great. Not sure why, but that's the way it goes I guess.