PDA

View Full Version : BEV Olympics source?

**DONOTDELETE**
02-10-2002, 12:44 AM
Does anyone know if the NBC HD feed is coming to BEV from NBC, HD-Net, or NBC Boston?

If it's NBC Boston, this will make it the first time they've shown two Boston feeds at once, which would be nice for after the Olympics too, when there are conflicts between ABC and CBS, now that Leno prevents them showing anything airing between 8:30 and 10:00 on the Pacific feed.

**DONOTDELETE**
02-10-2002, 03:41 AM
I'm wondering the same thing. On one hand I believe the initial showing at 3pm eastern came from NBC Boston because they were showing the Nascar before it. But I'm not so sure Bev didnt just tape that one, and is using that one the rest of the day. Or just using HDNet. It's hard to say.

Regardless, until the Olympics are over and I see them actually provide 2 regular Network HD programs at once, Im reserving judgement on what it really means.

**DONOTDELETE**
02-10-2002, 12:32 PM
I don't get HDnet so I don't know this for sure, but if ExpressVu was getting it from HDnet wouldn't the HDnet logo be in the bottom right corner?

**DONOTDELETE**
02-10-2002, 04:24 PM
No, even the HDNet channel itself doesnt have the HDNet logo during this.

LivingLegend
02-11-2002, 03:52 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

If it's NBC Boston, this will make it the first time they've shown two Boston feeds at once

<hr></blockquote>

There were, indeed, a couple of upconverted Boston local promos just before the tape of the Latvia-Germany hockey game, and with The Practice over on 286, that makes two simulatneous network HD feeds!

Hope this does bode well for better bandwidth management after the Olympics!

Kudos to BEV for going the extra mile to ensure we're able to get the maximum HD bang for their bandwidth!