PDA

View Full Version : Future ?

**DONOTDELETE**
02-04-2002, 10:44 PM
What happen's if disgruntled SC sub's jump ship to BEV and find that in 90 day's BEV has brought this 2nd receiver price into effect too , but with no warranty ?

I'd be wary about jumping for at least 6 mth's until I was assured in writing or via one of their infamous Press Release's that are so popular aroud here , that it will not happen with BEV in the near future .

Did somebody not already tell us in a thread here on KUSAT that you MUST take the 75 dollar package in the 2nd month of your new service ? IMO , that's 25 dollars more than the average sub spend's already and halfway toward's SC's 60 dollar a year fee for warranty on ALL your receiver's , and , maybe BEV is just warming up too ?

Call me flakey , or whatever , but I'd be mighty cautious about jumping ! I guess I'm just a little suspicious about Bell , especially if they remain mute on this issue . If this indeed is such a bad thing for SC , how many here think Bell will run ad's telling us that we will [NOT] charge you for having a 2nd receiver ? It would be an ultimate advertising advantage for Bell , and they have alway's exploited every advantage they have had over SC before in their advertising , so why not this one , UNLESS they too are heading down this path !!!

Don't be crazy at this time people , cool off and cut down your package's if anything .

HammerJoe
02-04-2002, 10:57 PM
As far I am concerned, I already cancelled my second receiver (was broken anyway) and put on hold the purchase of the HDD201 (and the El dish with it) to see what happens.

If indeed BEV doesn't move in a couple weeks I will seriously consider it.

This is getting ridiculous, we are being charged an incredible amount of money just to receive Tv channels??!!!
What's the deal?

PlusONE
02-04-2002, 11:07 PM
I will probably downgrade very soon. Within a couple of days. And I will wait to see what Bell does, if they don't do the same and charge extra for the 2nd receiver I will consider switching. If they do the same I will stay with SC, but keep subscribing to a lower package. This is a very bad deal.

**DONOTDELETE**
02-05-2002, 12:17 AM
I trust BEV as much as SC - both are losers in a losing Canadian industry dominated by political corruption & deception. ... and the really stupid thing is that these 2 clowns are losing money for their shareholders as well.

At the end of the month, I will be OTA only. If the family rebels, they can put the money for Dave

Arthur
02-05-2002, 12:39 AM
What if someone switches to bell, than bell adds the extra receiver charge?
And than they realize they are happier with bell anyway.
Answer
They send *C a thank you note for pushing them away. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

tayls97
02-05-2002, 12:53 AM
Hammerjoe, to bad you canceled that second reciever, could have got it replaced for $4.99.

Seriously now though, I agree with cornflakes, I'm a Bev user with TWO receivers, and I can just see the head honchos at BEV watching what happens with great interest. If it flies at Starchoice it would be really tempting for them to do the same thing or something similar. I don't think the $20.00 minimum can be compared to this fee, different reasoning...

There will be some that wont accept it but I bet the majority will as it 'sounds' like a good deal. Combined with the Simple Satellite plan(which is free)your whole system is now covered.

It is interesting that there is no mention of single receiver households, will they get the same warranty or will they be left in the cold.

HammerJoe
02-05-2002, 01:14 AM
I really didn't need it anyway, and in 2 years it would be paid and then what?? Keep paying them $5?? (Who knows what the charge will be in the meantime?)

No thanks, I am fed up with *c. The less I pay them the better. Bev is my only alternative but it's not that better.

I'm stuck with sat if I want to watch Tv and it's starting to be very costly.
Honestly I feel like I'm being forced to go to the dark side if you know what I mean.

PlusONE
02-05-2002, 01:51 AM
I feel like I'm being forced to go to other alternatives. without SC or bev I would be stuck with OTA 5 channels.
I seriously think I would be happier with bev even if they charge a extra fee. I would have a PVR/receiver in one.

Grunge
02-05-2002, 03:05 AM
If Bev starts charging me an extra $5 for each receiver it won't be just my hair that goes grey /forums/images/icons/smile.gif