PDA

View Full Version : new channel on Telstar 5

**DONOTDELETE**
09-14-2000, 05:17 AM
For those who might be interested, the good news is that there is a new channel on Telstar 5 which is NVC (Nile Variety & Culture), it's a new arabic egyptian channel. However the bad news is that the channel is strictly video (no audio at all !!!) I tried switching L/R L/L R/R, it doesn't work at all ! there is absolutely no audio ! only video. For those expersts out there, can you guys check why and how. I know that this channel use to be scrambled before. now what happened exactly, did the programmers turned the scramblers off for that night ??? or the channel is definetly there ??? and what will happen if it stays stricty video??? are NileSat network just putting it there on video to make some advertisement for their network??? or the channel just turned on my receiver by chance while buzzing with my favorite toy ??? (remote control) !!!

SatMike
09-14-2000, 03:17 PM
They probably switched to AC3 audio. I have a Satcruiser 101 and it does not pick up AC3 either.
Sorry, at this time I don't know what you would need to receive the audio. Probably a new receiver though.