PDA

View Full Version : Digicipher II

**DONOTDELETE**
11-25-2001, 03:55 AM
Hi.

How would I bring in a feed that is in Digicipher II? What type of receiver would I need for this and what type of $$$ are we talking about?

**DONOTDELETE**
11-25-2001, 05:31 AM
well ....
that depend what you want to "DCII" ...
if you want just the free stuff & feed
try to get a DSR-921... (the good'ol Starchoice box)

"OR"

if you want all the U.S goodie! get the 920 or the 922 see them at http://www.4dtv.com
to get all the good Stuff but a monthly $$ apply! .... but you cannot get the Pay stuff on a 921 ....

Hope this help!

**DONOTDELETE**
11-25-2001, 08:09 AM
So, I can get a Starchoice box and receive Digicipher II "feeds?"

How does it work?

I just point the dish where I want to look and what would the receiver then display?

**DONOTDELETE**
11-25-2001, 08:16 AM
Hi again.

So, regular Starchoice boxes will not work huh? Must be one of those 921s?

What I'm wanting is one channel that is in Digicipher II.

Further suggestions? Also, any chance that I could get someone to maybe try to point to the sat this channel is on so I can see if it might work for me?

snoman
11-25-2001, 12:06 PM
It would help if you told us what channel you are looking for.

**DONOTDELETE**
11-25-2001, 06:04 PM
I am looking for PSN (the Central and South American sports channel).

Besides all the programming services satellites it is on, it is also simply on PAS9 satellite. Lyngsat lists two versions of it on PAS9 (an Argentine version and another version that just says PSN). It also says there are some "PSN FEEDS" are on there.

Could someone tell me, when it says "feeds" and is in grey color, what does that mean? What do you need to see those?

The thing is...if you guys are trying to look at it from Canada I don't know if it will work, but I'm in Southern California so I have a much better shot at getting it than you do I would imagine.

Still, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks! :-)

**DONOTDELETE**
11-25-2001, 10:29 PM
Any help?

Any other good boards for this type of stuff? I keep coming here throughout the day awaiting some kind of news, but there never is none. I guess this board is not too popular?

**DONOTDELETE**
11-25-2001, 11:55 PM
Try http://forums.delphiforums.com/dcii/start
and http://forums.delphiforums.com/4dtv/start/

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ayrton911:
Any help?

Any other good boards for this type of stuff? I keep coming here throughout the day awaiting some kind of news, but there never is none. I guess this board is not too popular?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

snoman
11-26-2001, 12:35 AM
The thing is PSN isn't available for subscription on the US or CDN 4DTV.
However it does unscramble from time to time and is available then on all 9xx series receivers.

**DONOTDELETE**
11-26-2001, 12:39 AM
I know you can't subscribe to it or I would be.

That is why I am turning to the skies.

I need a receiver that can de-scramble Digicipher II because PSN is on PAS9.

What can do this?

You said sometimes it is not scrambled, is that on PAS9 too?

Thanks for the help.

antunes
11-26-2001, 03:41 AM
If a DC2 signal is encrypted the only way you will see it is if the uplinker will authorize your unit.

Except for those occasional instances where the signal is sent out unencrypted.

If the Lygemark SR/FEC parameters are correct you should be able to lock this PSN C band signal with any of the DSR 920/921/905/922 receivers. Whether or not you will see anything depends on the encryption status of the signal.

I am assuming that you are located in the downlink footprint and have a 10ft dish.