PDA

View Full Version : Rogers Full Ondemand LIne Up

Jaymereid
05-02-2007, 05:35 PM
Movies
Tmn
Mpix
Rod (Aslo includes tv entertainment free and paid & free movies)

Learning
Hgtv
Food Network
National Geographic
Tree House

Anime
Ytv
Anime network.

Sports
Wwe
Nfl Network

World On Demand
Omni TV & Tvb plus bollywood.

Adult
Here
Play Boy
Howard Stern
To Much For Tv

Total 16 ondemand channels the most in canada.

MCIBUS
05-02-2007, 07:15 PM
I'll bet there are more just waiting to launch.

IE

History
Super Ercran
Travel
Health
Civilation
Animal Planet
Showcase(all versions)
CTV
and probally a few more.

I'm not sure what the cost is involed in offering these type of services from the provider, but it appears to be the "next" thing in Cable offerings that sat can't provide.

I see On Demand services for cabler & interactive(like BEV)receivers as the next big thing in Cable and sat. Heck even SC receivers are supposely going interactive.

Jaymereid
05-02-2007, 07:23 PM
I'll bet there are more just waiting to launch.

IE

History
Super Ercran
Travel
Health
Civilation
Animal Planet
Showcase(all versions)
CTV
and probally a few more.

I'm not sure what the cost is involed in offering these type of services from the provider, but it appears to be the "next" thing in Cable offerings that sat can't provide.

I see On Demand services for cabler & interactive(like BEV)receivers as the next big thing in Cable and sat. Heck even SC receivers are supposely going interactive.

Express vu was going to launch a od service.However that canned it for now as it would cost to much.

travisc
05-04-2007, 02:16 PM
It wasn't going to be true on demand, was it? I thought they were going to push movies to PVRs so subscribers could order from a limited selection. True on demand isn't technically feasible on satellite in any manner that I'm aware of.

Jaymereid
05-04-2007, 06:50 PM
It wasn't going to be true on demand, was it? I thought they were going to push movies to PVRs so subscribers could order from a limited selection. True on demand isn't technically feasible on satellite in any manner that I'm aware of.

Yes you are correct.It would have been $7.00 per title.They did a survey and found there was not enough interest.

travisc
05-05-2007, 04:34 AM
I'm not surprised. Dumb idea that doesn't even qualify as a "me too" service... Just makes satellite look bad.