PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Programming Second A2

**DONOTDELETE**
06-29-2001, 01:12 AM
I have a couple of questions in hopes that someone here on the C-Band Forum can answer for me.

The first is what is the date in which the majority of the French channels will be only available via E2?

The second question is that I have a 921 receiver and have thus far been unable to add/program the second A2 icon/satellite into my receiver. (My understanding is that is where those French channels will be accessed from once they move...is this correct?)

When I select the second A2 icon/satellite and then hit enter the list of satellites disappears for a second or two and returns. I do not get the box which shows the satellite to be programmed or also the option which asks me if I would like to save the satellite.

I tried adding the E1 icon/satellite and had no problem in doing so...it asked if I wanted to move to the position and then offered me the opportunity to save the E1 satellite with no problems.

It does not seem as if my 921 is recognizing that second A2 icon/satellite. Has anyone else had this type of problem and discovered what needed to be done to be able to add the icon/satellite?

Would unplugging the receiver for sometime by chance add and/or recognize that second A2 icon/satellite? Or is there something else that I need to do?

As you can imagine I am not all that knowledgable as to the technical aspects of the 921 receiver.

If anyone out there could offer me advice or suggestions I would appreciate it very much as I would like to be able to have access to the French channels once they leave the main satellite.

Thanks

Arthur
06-29-2001, 11:18 AM
Try this it fixes most problems on the 921.
Point at F1
Unplug count to 5, plug back in.
Wait 20 min.
Try programing the 2nd A2.

If this doesn't work try again pointing at G0.

**DONOTDELETE**
06-29-2001, 01:34 PM
I attempted what you suggested but it did not allow me to program the second A2 icon/satellite.

In browsing thru the posts I see mention of doing a Master Reset. I went into my Dianostics G screen and it indeed does show my TDT count as being 1920. From responses posted when it gets to 1920 a master reset is suggested.

So that looks as if that is what I need to do. Can anyone tell me where I may be able to find (possibly somewhere on the internet)easy to explain step by step instructions for doing a master reset with my 921 receiver?

I did originally setup my receiver when I first got it with the west/east limits and the programming of new satellites into the receiver so I am totally not a novice.

However, I would sure feel a lot better at doing the master rest with the proper instructions and avoiding doing anything that would just create more problems for me.

Thanks

**DONOTDELETE**
06-29-2001, 07:03 PM
Try here http://www.delphi.com/4dtv/messages/?msg=3239.3

Note that G9 has been replaced by G0. After a M.R. wait on G0 for a about a 1/2hr then go A2 (f1) for a Rehit so that you can receive the StarChoice and US DC2 channels.

SatMike
06-29-2001, 07:07 PM
Try this link
HTTP://www.4dtvforum.com/mr.html